Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430N RHB Firmware Update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-rhb-firmware-update-17595.html)

DieselvRR 01-17-2011 07:28 PM

430N RHB Firmware Update

Thought I saw a tread about this but cant find it....is there a firmware update for the 430n?

nachonator 01-18-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 336599)
Thought I saw a tread about this but cant find it....is there a firmware update for the 430n?

I have not seen anything come out yet...

mjw930 01-18-2011 08:31 AM

Re: 430N RHB Firmware Update

Only for the 730N (RER), nothing yet for the 430N

DieselvRR 01-18-2011 08:34 AM

cool,

thanks a lot

yankees9 01-18-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 336907)
cool,

thanks a lot

Well..... its not that cool. JK!

jrb1 01-18-2011 03:10 PM

I talked with someone today at Jeep Customer Service ... someone at a level higher than the people who answer the phone on the standard customer service number. He said that they pushed back the software upgrade for the 430N to February. That was all the info he had.

DieselvRR 01-18-2011 03:28 PM

thanks for update

Cperez 01-18-2011 03:36 PM

Thanks x2, jrb1.

Does anyone even know for sure where we would look for the update once it's released? Would it be at www.garmin.com/chrysler? I may try to set up some kind of RSS feed from that page to alert me when it changes. If any of the moderators here have the technical ability to automagically monitor that page and the unofficial mygig site, that would be a big service.

Frankly, I'm not losing sleep over the update, but it does have me intrigued. I probably won't even be in a hurry to install it once it's available. I never apply brand new patches to production machines on my desktop or in my garage.

DieselvRR 01-18-2011 03:42 PM

Yeah,

There are just a few things I wonder if the firmware would fix. Display names when someone calls is all lowercase for me...weird. The view video button for DVD playback seems to show up intermittently.

Remleym 01-18-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 337107)
Thanks x2, jrb1.

Does anyone even know for sure where we would look for the update once it's released? Would it be at www.garmin.com/chrysler?

I too got a call from a Chrysler rep this afternoon - in response to a customer query I submitted on this update. He also stated that the release has been pushed back to February. He did confirm that it will include the patch to turn on the missing Sirius stuff and he thought it would include updates to the Garmin map. (didn't sound too sure of that part though). I forgot to specifically ask if it would fix any of the bluetooth problems that are being reported. He wanted to verify my mailing address because the update will come on a disc in the mail. Not a download.

SixZeroFour 01-18-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remleym (Post 337142)
I too got a call from a Chrysler rep this afternoon - in response to a customer query I submitted on this update. He also stated that the release has been pushed back to February. He did confirm that it will include the patch to turn on the missing Sirius stuff and he thought it would include updates to the Garmin map. (didn't sound too sure of that part though). I forgot to specifically ask if it would fix any of the bluetooth problems that are being reported. He wanted to verify my mailing address because the update will come on a disc in the mail. Not a download.

Please keep us updated as to if you receive the Disk!

How did you submit the question to Jeep? I can't find an e-mail address or anything for support and I'd like to get my name on the list.

zapp 01-18-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 337154)
Please keep us updated as to if you receive the Disk!

How did you submit the question to Jeep? I can't find an e-mail address or anything for support and I'd like to get my name on the list.

Thanks for the info, and I am wondering the same thing. Just picked up the jeep today, was able to pair and talk with out a problem, but names were lower case.