Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Configuration questions with ORG II (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/configuration-questions-with-org-ii-17612.html)

mkaresh 01-18-2011 12:34 AM

Configuration questions with ORG II
 
I maintain a pricing and features database on my site, to enable thorough pricing and features comparisons between cars. When I first entered the WK2 a few months ago I ended up omitting ORG II from the options because the information on the Jeep site was obviously wrong.

Sat down to finish the job tonight, and found that Jeep.com remains a mess. (All Chrysler OEM sites have been pretty much forever, but no need to get into that.)

Anyway, I'm hoping that people here might know the answers to some questions concerning Off Road Group II...

1. On Jeep.com you can configure a Laredo X with both ORG II and the Tow Package. But doesn't ORG II include the Tow Package, so this is an error?

2. ORG II price is the same with the V6 and the V8, even though the included Tow Package is usually $100 more with the V8, because it includes better engine cooling, and even though it includes a rear eLSD with the V8, which normally adds $500? So $600 of extra features with the V8, for the same price?

3. ORG II does not include the Tow Package's self-leveling shocks? (If correct, likely because they'd be redundant given the air springs.)

4. ORG II includes polished 18s with the Limited and Overland, but painted 18s with the Laredo? Has anyone gotten ORG II with the Laredo?

5. ORG II is available with both the V6 and V8 on the Laredo X, Limited, and Overland? Jeep.com is missing the V8 on the Laredo X 4x4 and ORG II on the Limited 4x4. Some sites say ORG II is no longer available on the Laredo X, though Jeep.com still shows it.

6. Not related to ORG II--but can you get the Laredo X with the V8 and the Quadra Trac I (single speed transfer case, no low range)?

Lingohocken 01-18-2011 12:44 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Lotsa luck. If Dell or HP were as sloppy with their buildyourown webpages, they'd be in Chapter 11 by now.

Not to mention fiascos with timely updates on saddle interiors and the like. Neither dealers nor customers are being kept properly informed.:(

mkaresh 01-18-2011 12:55 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Luck isn't going to fix this. Just far more hours than it should take. I can enter data for the entire Honda line in less time than it takes to do one Chrysler. And even after putting in the hours my info will still be wrong on the Chrysler, because there's no source without errors.

But the alternative would be to simply not include Chrysler products in the pricing/features area of my site. So I do what I can to get correct info. Owners often know, because they had to sort it all out when buying a car. At least they might know what they ended up with.

Lingohocken 01-18-2011 01:25 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Of course, as with most worthy endeavors success is a mix of talent and persistence, which is making one's own "luck." I wish I were able to answer your points, but if anybody outside Corporate can provide accurate answers it will be the team of active contributors here.

Well, at least until Jeep goes and changes things sans notification.

Of course, it would be great if one of the guys with Jeep HQ could provide you with the name and contact info for an individual associated with the Jeep website.

mkaresh 01-18-2011 01:33 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
I have someone I can call at Jeep. The problem is that when I've tried this in the past I end up spending a lot of time on the phone and still end up with incorrect info...might give them another shot, though.

bpmcgee 01-18-2011 02:07 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Mike,

In regards to your point #2 -- On the Overland (but not on the others) the Towing package is included in the V8 package. Also, picked up a V6 Overland on Saturday, not ordered with the towing package, but it was included. Dealer says it seems like that package is being thrown into all Overlands.

I totally understand and sympathize with your frustration. Option packages are varying by trim level, which has got to be about impossible to MAP, let alone keep track of.

Technosavant 01-18-2011 11:00 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 336810)
Luck isn't going to fix this. Just far more hours than it should take. I can enter data for the entire Honda line in less time than it takes to do one Chrysler. And even after putting in the hours my info will still be wrong on the Chrysler, because there's no source without errors.

Well, Honda has a hatred of option packages- you pick the trim level, maybe a nav system, and everything else is an accessory.

But yes, Chrysler tends to have a real mess with how the option packages for the GC have turned out. Some things have changed, other things get put out and pulled back, etc.

mkaresh 01-18-2011 11:25 AM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 336853)
Mike,

In regards to your point #2 -- On the Overland (but not on the others) the Towing package is included in the V8 package. Also, picked up a V6 Overland on Saturday, not ordered with the towing package, but it was included. Dealer says it seems like that package is being thrown into all Overlands.

I totally understand and sympathize with your frustration. Option packages are varying by trim level, which has got to be about impossible to MAP, let alone keep track of.

As far as I can tell, the towing package is included with both engines on the Overland 4x4, but optional with RWD.

Lingohocken 01-18-2011 04:22 PM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 336839)
I have someone I can call at Jeep. The problem is that when I've tried this in the past I end up spending a lot of time on the phone and still end up with incorrect info...might give them another shot, though.

At media relations? Seems like they would walk on shards of glass to avoid unnecessary bad press.

JoeSchmoe007 01-18-2011 04:29 PM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaresh (Post 336802)
...
6. Not related to ORG II--but can you get the Laredo X with the V8 and the Quadra Trac I (single speed transfer case, no low range)?

To my knowledge the answer to this one is no on any trim level. Once you get HEMI you get QT II standard (QD II optional) and snow/mud/etc modes.

mkaresh 01-18-2011 05:00 PM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 337141)
To my knowledge the answer to this one is no on any trim level. Once you get HEMI you get QT II standard (QD II optional) and snow/mud/etc modes.

This is what I think as well. Just more lack of logic. QT II costs extra with the V6, but is essentially free with the Hemi on the Laredo X.

mkaresh 01-18-2011 05:01 PM

Re: Configuration questions with ORG II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 337135)
At media relations? Seems like they would walk on shards of glass to avoid unnecessary bad press.

Nah, these companies remain just about as arrogant as they ever were. But the larger problem is that they don't have much information beyond what is already shown on their various websites.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community