Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (
-   -   P0523 error (

nwb300 01-18-2011 06:17 AM

P0523 error
Well, I went to go warm my jeep up before leaving work and it sat for 15min and when I opened the door to drive away there was this horrible burning wires or plastic. Further inspection I saw my oil pressure gauge reading zero so I killed it ASAP. I checked the oil and it was fine so I started it back up and it was reading fine. I checked the codes and got a p0523. I read online it was an oil pressure sending unit. Has anybody had to replace this before and is the burning smell common with it? I have a warranty until march but I hear the part is only 50 bucks (100 deductible on warranty). Any help is appreciated.

cheapjeep 01-18-2011 08:18 AM

Re: P0523 error
If you still have a warranty Id let them check it out cause it sounds like a wiring issue. You dont want that coming up again later.

MNsrt8 01-18-2011 08:32 AM

Re: P0523 error
i drew this same code in my 06 srt8 and it was telling me cruise control/voltage low or something like that. it tripped while i got stuck in a snow drift i could not see during one of our stupid blizzards here. but i never smelled burning plastic or anything.

violant00 01-19-2011 03:24 AM

Re: P0523 error
been having probs with my sending unit never smelt anything burning though... but if its still under warranty definetly take it in. Sending unit is like $100+ and as far as i know its easy to install.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community