Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Wiper Size and Recommendations? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/wiper-size-and-recommendations-17627.html)

rybocf 01-18-2011 02:41 PM

Wiper Size and Recommendations?

Ok, the owner's manual, MOPAR, etc don't seem to list the replacement sizes for the wipers. (Maybe I'm just supposed to look at them :)

My Jeep is not where I can get to it right now and I wanted to order some winter wipers. Does anyone know the sizes off-hand?

Also, any suggestions for best performing winter blades for the Jeep? I was going to order the Bosch Icons, but definitely want to hear from the crowd in the snow belt regions.

Thanks!
-Ryan

mhassler 01-18-2011 02:50 PM

Re: Wiper Size and Recommendations?

I need winter blades as well and was wondering if there may be a consensus as to what are "the best". I also need a to order a set for my wifes R350 - horrible windshield design, and i'd like to get all at once to save on S&H.

Unholyskorn86 01-18-2011 02:53 PM

Walk into an auto parts store and tell them the type and year vehicle?

wjs81866 01-18-2011 03:13 PM

Easiest is to measure, given the drastic changes the Grand has gone through from previous model years as well as the fact that most of the application books are not updated to include 2011 yet.

I have tried the expensive types on my older Grand and had poor results. Typically the "Icon" type just didn't seem to want to wipe cleanly. They didn't seem to sit on the glass the way they should. I tried a couple different brands and had bad results. I ended up using Rain X, I'm not a product supporter but they seemed to not want to lift during high wind and seemed to wipe the best on each pass.

ebank127 01-18-2011 03:26 PM

I believe I read somewhere that they are 21". The best thing to do would be to take one in the store with you.

Repo503 01-18-2011 03:27 PM

I've been using Bosch Lattitudes on all my cars and they work great in all conditions. I replace all my wipers once a year around mid september and haven't run into any problems yet. Since I split my time between two houses, one where it rains nearly everyday from fall through spring and the other were I get a ton of snow I can say they work well enough I haven't felt the need to go with the pricier Icons.

rybocf 01-18-2011 03:45 PM

From all I can gather it looks like the same size as WK series (21s).

I'm going to order the Bosch ICONs because they got great reviews and I'll report back my findings after teh next snowstorm.

-Ryan

azzolij 01-18-2011 04:07 PM

Driver side is 22, passenger is 21.

Anco doesn't make a 21 inch winter blade so I used a 20 on the passenger side.

jamesdomagalski 01-18-2011 05:09 PM

Both front blades are 21s. I put some rainx ones on and they work ok. The Mopar performance bladess are from Valeo, which are the best. I had to go with the rainx because the Mopars only come in pairs and were not available.

pattyboy 01-18-2011 09:25 PM

No rainx on rain sensor wipers ,, it in the owners manuel...........pattyboy

nek121328 01-19-2011 06:26 AM

Beam blades are a very good 3 1/2 season blades in the snow belt. I run the ANCO Contours with very good success. ANCO winter blades would be my second choice. Dropping a size on winter blades will minimize wind lift at interstate speeds.

jamesdomagalski 01-19-2011 08:31 AM

They are rainx latitude blades not the repel blades. The latitudes do not have the time release rainx on them. They are regular supers.