Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Liberty-KJ and KK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f189/)
-   -   Liberty Jet - Looking For The Younger Crowd? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f189/liberty-jet-looking-for-the-younger-crowd-17637.html)

Jeepeta 01-18-2011 07:47 PM

Liberty Jet - Looking For The Younger Crowd?

To quote the Jeep website, the Liberty Jet is "dressed for the street," while "chrome accents and blacked-out headlamps attract the adventurous eye." Putting the absurdity of this statement aside, the bigger problem here is that those with an "adventurous eye" won't be able to go on any actual adventures, thanks to the giant dubs that's 20-inch polished wheels, in this application and the preciousness of the chrome lower fascia and door strips. Which would still be permissible if going on adventures weren't the sole reason you buy a Jeep.

White Chocolate 01-18-2011 07:55 PM

Re: Liberty Jet - Looking For The Younger Crowd?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepeta (Post 337256)
To quote the Jeep website, the Liberty Jet is "dressed for the street," while "chrome accents and blacked-out headlamps attract the adventurous eye." Putting the absurdity of this statement aside, the bigger problem here is that those with an "adventurous eye" won't be able to go on any actual adventures, thanks to the giant dubs that's 20-inch polished wheels, in this application and the preciousness of the chrome lower fascia and door strips. Which would still be permissible if going on adventures weren't the sole reason you buy a Jeep.

Are you saying that if you have 20" wheels, you cannot go adventuring with your Jeep?

I know of SEVERAL members who would highly disagree with your statement.

GR33N D3M0N 01-18-2011 07:57 PM

i think it looks sexy for a libby

Megatron 01-18-2011 08:01 PM

Hmmm...... I'll take the wheels, that's all lol.

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...jet_460x0w.jpg

DAVY27 01-18-2011 08:02 PM

looks alright

Scottina06 01-18-2011 08:25 PM

Looks nice toi me. Not all Jeep are meant to take offroad. We cater to both here....street and offroad

Lingohocken 01-18-2011 09:56 PM

True, Scott, but at what point does this kind of thing dilute the identity of the brand?

Marlin 01-18-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 337381)
True, Scott, but at what point does this kind of thing dilute the identity of the brand?

If the "brand" is to continue to survive it needs to keep up with the times and trends.

Catering for the hard-core off road group is done by the Wrangler, one of the very few vehicles to continue with live axles both ends.
If all the vehicles in the Jeep lineup had the same heavy lean toward off road ability, they simply wouldn't sell as many, and would have a decreasing share of the marketplace.
:cool:

White Chocolate 01-18-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 337395)
If the "brand" is to continue to survive it needs to keep up with the times and trends.

Catering for the hard-core off road group is done by the Wrangler, one of the very few vehicles to continue with live axles both ends.
If all the vehicles in the Jeep lineup had the same heavy lean toward off road ability, they simply wouldn't sell as many, and would have a decreasing share of the marketplace.
:cool:

Good answer and I completely agree

Lingohocken 01-18-2011 10:44 PM

Hope you're right.

Marlin 01-18-2011 10:51 PM

I was actually quite suprised when the current Wrangler didn't introce IFS to be honest.

Knightrider03m 01-18-2011 11:51 PM

The Jet looks terrible. But when again, the Liberty never did look good with chrome. The sport and renegade trims are the only "tasteful" liberties IMO