Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Converting REc to RER (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/converting-rec-to-rer-17646.html)

JeepCoop 01-18-2011 09:04 PM

Converting REc to RER

Lookin to pick up n RER and I have a couple questions. I have a REC w satellite, back up camera, uconnect and of course nav. Do I need anything for the conversion minus a bezel and lockpick?? Lemme know, thx!

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-18-2011 10:07 PM

Re: Converting REc to RER

thats it

JeepCoop 01-18-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 337389)
thats it

Sweet thanks brotha

FUGIECAT 01-25-2011 12:22 AM

I have the Nav-Tv module brand new when your ready.

blackpepper 01-25-2011 01:51 PM

The satellite antenna wont fit you'll need a new antenna or an extension cable to the old antenna, and then you'll need to call Sirius and to a tuner swap b/c they won't be able to recognize your new radio unless you do.

And.. you'll need to hook your back up camera to the lockpick, the wires/connector is not a direct fit to the RER.

As far as Uconnect, you'll need an adapter wire harness to connect it to your mirror where the microphone is or you can buy another mic for cheaper and hide it up in the corner of the windshield (which is what I'm going to do b/c I bought the cord for the mirror and unlike the information I got here, it doesn't fit, so I'm returning it).

It's an easy job but more in depth than previously mentioned in this post. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help. I had a ton of questions and people that said they would help, didn't, so I'll do what I can :thumbsup:

JeepCoop 01-25-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 341433)
The satellite antenna wont fit you'll need a new antenna or an extension cable to the old antenna, and then you'll need to call Sirius and to a tuner swap b/c they won't be able to recognize your new radio unless you do.

And.. you'll need to hook your back up camera to the lockpick, the wires/connector is not a direct fit to the RER.

As far as Uconnect, you'll need an adapter wire harness to connect it to your mirror where the microphone is or you can buy another mic for cheaper and hide it up in the corner of the windshield (which is what I'm going to do b/c I bought the cord for the mirror and unlike the information I got here, it doesn't fit, so I'm returning it).

It's an easy job but more in depth than previously mentioned in this post. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help. I had a ton of questions and people that said they would help, didn't, so I'll do what I can :thumbsup:

Damn ok thx or the heads up, Ryan much appreciation