Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   LockPick V3 vs CHR550 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/lockpick-v3-vs-chr550-17651.html)

DieselvRR 01-18-2011 10:07 PM

LockPick V3 vs CHR550

Anyone have a side by side feature comparison of Lockpick V3 and CHR550? or Can you tell me what the big differences are? Their website is horrible and looks like it was made by a 3 year old....

Thanks

mrpositraction 01-19-2011 08:52 AM

Re: LockPick V3 vs CHR550

I am using the NAV-TV

DieselvRR 01-19-2011 02:49 PM

Anyone else?

DieselvRR 01-19-2011 04:16 PM

Weird...just got off the phone with coastaltech and they said they dont have any product compatible with the new 2011 GC 430N.....they hope to have something out within the next couple of weeks. I am assuming they are saying not "officially" compatible?

IndyBob 01-19-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 337807)
Weird...just got off the phone with coastaltech and they said they dont have any product compatible with the new 2011 GC 430N.....they hope to have something out within the next couple of weeks. I am assuming they are saying not "officially" compatible?

I am thinking the person you were talking to is not informed.

The LockPick V3 works just fine in my 2011 Overland with the 430N RHB unit.

DVD viewing while moving as well as GPS address input and rear camera one whenever you want it to be.

I have had my LockPick for over a month.

DieselvRR 01-19-2011 04:28 PM

Yeah..I thought it was weird as well. He flat out said they do not have any product that is compatible with 2011 JGC. So not only is their site horrible, their staff is too?

Indy, do you happen to know the differences between the Lockpick v3 and CHR550?

IndyBob 01-19-2011 04:33 PM

No, sorry I don't. It came out just after I ordered my LockPick.

When i first got mine it would not work but I sent an email to their support address and the tech called me back in about an hour. He told me that there was a firmware update coming out in a day or so that will allow it to work.

Sure enough 2 days later the update was on their site and it worked.

You might trying sending email to their support and maybe get the real answer to your questions.

Radside 01-19-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 337812)
Yeah..I thought it was weird as well. He flat out said they do not have any product that is compatible with 2011 JGC. So not only is their site horrible, their staff is too?

Indy, do you happen to know the differences between the Lockpick v3 and CHR550?

The biggest diffence is that the CHR550 has an additional iPod cable so that you can connect your iPod directly to the module. This allows you to play your iPod/iPhone via the CHR550 vice the 430N/730N radio USB connection. It shows your album art and supposedly video as well. I haven't tried the video feature yet but I did play a youtube video and it showed up on screen. I wouldn't get too excited about the video though because the picture was pretty bad...though admitedly, I was steaming a youtube video which quality was probably not that great to start with.

I believe it has connections for additional side video cameras as well wheres the lockpick, I believe only has connections for front and back cameras. Other than that, I think the features are about the same.

Hope this helps.

Marky 01-19-2011 07:11 PM

The new lockpick can route the video out from your iPod/iPhone/iPad to the screen. Not all apps support video out. But among those that do is iTunes, YouTube and NetFlix.

My jeep has the 430 (non nav). I regret that decision. I'm wondering if there's an IOS nav app that supports video out. That is one way I could get nav on that screen.

Remember, while video from the device will be on the screen, the touch screen won't interact with the IOS software. According to what I've read some apps are controllable via the steering wheel controls.

DieselvRR 01-20-2011 10:24 AM

Thanks for replies. I also emailed coastaltech..so we will see what they say.

mrpositraction 01-20-2011 12:39 PM

I called Coastaltech at 1st too and they told me the same. Obviously, others have used it with success.

DieselvRR 01-20-2011 02:30 PM

Reply from CoastalTech
Quote:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately at this time your 2011 Jeep GC is not on the approved list of vehicles that work with the LockPick product. However, we are always adding new makes and models to the lineup. I would recommend checking back with us within a couple of months to ensure compatibility with your particular vehicle. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.