Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Just changed battery now every time i open door alarm goes off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/just-changed-battery-now-every-time-i-open-door-alarm-goes-off-17683.html)

ril0 01-19-2011 02:34 PM

Just changed battery now every time i open door alarm goes off

Hi all have just changed the battery on my year 2000 4l wj GC now every time i open the door my alarm goes off .Have tried cycling the locks with fob,cycling drivers lock with key ,opening rear hatch ,starting engine al have no effect have stoped it sounding by closing door and locking several times with fob .Quiet now but red alarm light is still lit constant(not flashing)and as soon as i open the door it sounds again even if i unlock it with fob or key .:mad:

Frango100 01-19-2011 03:08 PM

Re: Just changed battery now every time i open door alarm goes off

The alarm is controlled via the Body Control Module. Was the battery changed with the alarm system armed? I would disconnect the battery again and wait for 5 min and connect it again. See if this will solve your problem.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-19-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 337772)
I would disconnect the battery again and wait for 5 min and connect it again. See if this will solve your problem.

thats exactly what to do

ril0 01-20-2011 01:05 AM

Thanks for replies, Yes I do believe system was armed when i disconnected battery as it was flat and i had to use key to open door (not enough charge for key fob to be used).If i ever have flat again is there any way of changing or charging it without having to go through all this problem of allarm going of .ps when you disconnect battery to stop alarm it still sounds even when disconnected just with a different pitch .:eek:

2005JGC 01-20-2011 05:06 AM

That is an aftermarket alarm... It continuing would be a battery powered backup siren, which I have never seen factory on a production vehicle let alone a chrysler product (not that that means it never was for sure).

Your going to have to do some invesitgation under the dash and see if you seen anything aftermarket... I respect you use your original fob to disarm it, maybe the backup siren is all that is there... but look.

Frango100 01-20-2011 02:04 PM

There is in fact a factory premium alarm available which has a separate siren with a backup battery. That one will continue its sound, even with the normal car battery disconnected. There is a dedicated fuse in the Power Distribution Center under the hood which supplies the siren module with power, but i don't know if that will do any good. At least you could try to remove it with the car battery connected. When you have this premium alarm system, then you also should have some infrared detectors inside the cabin, called the Intrusion Tranceiver Module. But for trouble shooting this system you need a DRBIII scan tool.

2005JGC 01-20-2011 03:14 PM

The best part about being wrong is learning new information... thank you.

Frango100 01-20-2011 03:38 PM

I think that this premium alarm was never sold in the US, seems to be for foreign markets only.

ril0 01-20-2011 04:33 PM

thanks all there is a sensor in the boot of car so probably the premium alarm suppose i wiil just have to make sure i dont let battery go flat :lol:

2005JGC 01-20-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 338480)
I think that this premium alarm was never sold in the US, seems to be for foreign markets only.

ah yes, didnt even look at that.

To be honest, If I ever get an alarm concern, the first thing I do is pull out the RKE tester to make sure that it is functioning unless its obviously something different, before any scan tool is hooked up, before I spend any other time.

Frango100 01-27-2011 12:18 PM

Hi ril0, did you finally fix your alarm problem?

ril0 01-28-2011 01:34 AM

Thanks for interest Frango I have stopped alarm but not sure if I fixed it or it just stopped.I locked and unlocked car with key fob then started engine and after engine running for about 30 seconds(seemed like minutes) the alarm stopped and has been ok since ! ps the alarm was going of from when i opened door same as i mentioned b efore but it allowed me to start engine after unlocking with fob .Hell those alarms are loud LOL:lol: