Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   !$^@&W%&#*#@^!@^@&% jeep !@^$@^ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/and-w-and-and-jeep-17696.html)

heywaitfourme 01-19-2011 07:38 PM

!$^@&W%&#*#@^!@^@&% jeep !@^$@^

As the title states, !^@&)ng jeep!!

So I get off work today and drive home. Change clothes and get the wife as we are heading out to pick up her ring we ordered a few weeks earlier. Get into the jeep, press the brake, push the start button....NOTHING!!!! WTF???? Forgot my key fob, crap; pockets, key fob present, check! Depress brake a second time, push the start button....NOTHING!!!! WTF??? I'm getting a bit frustrated by now, so I pry the button out, put my fob in, press brake, turn key to start and . . . NOTHING!!!!!!!! Okay, dead battery...no problem, well PROBLEM, but solvable problem. Wait, what the heck is this....MY KEY WON'T COME OUT OF THE IGNITION!!! HMMMMM...NOT GOOD. I then realize, my headlights work, my power door locks work, power windows work...maybe not a dead battery. Try to jump it anyway....NOTHING!!!

I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID at this time. I get out of the jeep, and make an attempt to cool down a bit. Contact the Jeep dealer thats 2 miles away and they inform me that I'll have to contact road side assistance and have it towed in, no prob, standard procedure. Road side gets here in 30 MINS! Awesome (no sarcasim) Time for a rental...or so I thought(problem). Again, !TEQ^QYT@#^&@%#$*&#^%& I contact Chrysler customer services, explain that I bought a second vehicle because my wife is PREGNANT and we wanted a safe, RELIABLE vehicle for her, and I also state that I am active duty military and we need two cars as I must have my own transportation for work. They are currently awaiting the dealerships word on the problem of the vehicle, and then I'll have a rental.(no problem, dealerships open till 9pm) . . . PROBLEM...all service techs left at 5pm tonight, my jeep got there just after 5pm! $!^@&@&@&*#*$(

Needless to say, this has not been my day. I did not buy a 40K vehicle to act as a paper-weight. Well, I didn't pay anywhere near 40K, but it's the simple fact that if I were willing to pay sticker, I would have been at 40K with T,T&L.

I'll be certain to keep this post updated. Questions and comments are welcomed!

Hogs 01-19-2011 07:46 PM

Re: !$^@&W%&#*#@^!@^@&% jeep !@^$@^

Sorry to hear that bro. I would have been livid as well.

Were there any messages in the EVIC? Since all of your power equip worked it sounds to me like it might be a FOB issue. Did you happen to try the other FOB at all?

JTS97Z28 01-19-2011 07:59 PM

Damn sorry to hear that man. I guess one benefit is atleast it happened at your house. It could have been somewhere else in middle of nowhere. So atleast you had that going for you. Hopefully its not a very big issue and can be fixed relatively easily. I dont have my Overland yet but this is the only thing that kind of bothers me is the customer service from american car manufacturers. I have owned american cars before, but just came from a Lexus and an Acura and let me tell you...they almost treat you like royalty at those dealerships. Best example I have is I took my 07 Acura TL-S into the shop to have a center console rattle fix...yes a rattle!!! they sent me on my way in a brand new 2009 $50,000+ Acura RL... My local Jeep dealership that I ordered my Overland from, yeah they dont even offer loaners lol. Previous Jeeps I have owned have been good to me, hope this new Overland is to :-)
Keep us up to date on the problems.

James

Technosavant 01-19-2011 08:21 PM

What do you mean your key won't come out of the ignition? All WK2s have the push button start. I don't blame you for being annoyed, even angry, but I am wondering about that point.

NetJunkie 01-19-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 337968)
What do you mean your key won't come out of the ignition? All WK2s have the push button start. I don't blame you for being annoyed, even angry, but I am wondering about that point.

No they don't.

heywaitfourme 01-19-2011 08:42 PM

The push button comes out and the key fob can go in to act like a key in the event there is a malfunction with the push button as I thought there may have been!

There were no messages in the EVIC! Now I have a two mile pedal bike ride to work in the morning. I'll be leaving early when the dealership gets the rental ready and pick me up from work! I will say that the dealership has been very very helpful!

Nbtstatic 01-19-2011 09:46 PM

Wow, I must be one easy going dude.

There is nothing, short of maybe f*cking my wife, that my Jeep could do to get me this angry. :lol:

Good luck my friend. :thumbsup:

Steve52 01-19-2011 10:02 PM

Sounds like you may have the same problem I had. The "WIN" module went to sleep. My 2011 would not start either and the door locks and other things would work also. It had to be towed in with only 200 or so miles on it. The dealership rebooted the "WIN" module and it started working again, but they replaced mine with a new module just to be safe. I have not had any more problems with it and I now have a little over 3,000 miles on it.

wk2nkjownr 01-19-2011 10:40 PM

Hi all! I'm new to the board. Yes, it sounds like the WIN module crapped out... I've seen a couple with this issue. In our case, they were beyond sleeping. They would not take a reprogramming. Hope they get get you back on the road quickly. Good Luck!

Technosavant 01-19-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetJunkie (Post 337972)
No they don't.

Yes they do.

Keyless Go is standard on even the E package Laredo 4x2. You can indeed remove the button, but why?

jeepster23 01-20-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 338095)
Yes they do.

Keyless Go is standard on even the E package Laredo 4x2. You can indeed remove the button, but why?

So you can insert the key fob in and start the Jeep!!!There are other threads about this as well as a description in the owners manual.

MSCA 01-20-2011 06:39 AM

Hmmm....the convenience of passive ignition versus the potential for no-start issues. I guess having a conventional key and ignition switch has its benefits.

As much as I love technology, it can add complexity and the potential for things to go wrong. Example--rebooting the WIN module? Seriously? I didn't know that there were bootable (in the conventional sense) modules in any Jeep.