Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   The 730N RHR can be ordered but when is it suppose to be in production (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/the-730n-rhr-can-be-ordered-but-when-is-it-suppose-to-be-in-production-17698.html)

mrfixxit7 01-19-2011 07:54 PM

The 730N RHR can be ordered but when is it suppose to be in production

I know the 730N RHR is able to be ordered as of the 12th of Jan or so. Does anyone know when it is slated for production?
Thanks

JTS97Z28 01-19-2011 08:11 PM

Re: The 730N RHR can be ordered but when is it suppose to be in production

Thought Milous said it was to start the 17th of this month or somethin. So I guess its already in production. I could be wrong but I dont think there is anyone on this site yet with a car ordered with the new 730N RHR that has been assigned a VIN yet. I ordered the first possible day on the 12th im just in C status but checking every other day :-)

James

dnizzle2010 01-19-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 337962)
Thought Milous said it was to start the 17th of this month or somethin. So I guess its already in production. I could be wrong but I dont think there is anyone on this site yet with a car ordered with the new 730N RHR that has been assigned a VIN yet. I ordered the first possible day on the 12th im just in C status but checking every other day :-)

James

Perhaps my dealer is pulling my leg but I've been assigned a VIN that appears to be valid (after calling Jeep direct today) as I ordered a new Jeep with the 730N just last week. Actually, Jeep told me today that my VIN shows gateline and D1 status but I don't believe that part :)

mrfixxit7 01-19-2011 09:05 PM

What is the jeep hotline number and what are the the hours that they are open?

mjw930 01-19-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnizzle2010 (Post 337981)
Perhaps my dealer is pulling my leg but I've been assigned a VIN that appears to be valid (after calling Jeep direct today) as I ordered a new Jeep with the 730N just last week. Actually, Jeep told me today that my VIN shows gateline and D1 status but I don't believe that part :)

You have 2 Overlands in the tracking thread, maybe they still have your name attached to the original order. I talked to Jeep today as well and they used "Gateline" but it shows in D status as no production date has been scheduled. Maybe there's a D0.5 status, halfway between D and D1 ;)

JTS97Z28 01-19-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Hummmm im not doubting you (well I sort of am lol), but if you dont mind could you double check that? Thats awfully quick to go from BA status (pending order), to C status (tentative schedule), to D status (firm schedule), to D1 (gateline) all in 7 or less days. Not saying it isnt possible, but just want to make sure im readin this correctly.

I ordered my Overland on the 12th from a high volume dealer near Chicago and she sits in C status which is normal for only 7 days into it.

James

WintrHawk 01-20-2011 12:16 AM

Back at the end of Oct, I went to order a V8 Overland with Offroad II, ACC and 730N but was told that the 730N RER was no longer available. After just reading that the 730N RHR is now available for order, I went to two different dealerships to get some pricing and got told some wildly different things.

One dealership told me that they just sold a Jeep with that exact spec. They said that because of their sales position, they have a large allotment and can get me a vehicle within 6 to 8 weeks. They also initially quoted me a pretty high number but after some back and forth and just before I was about to walk told me that they would sell it to me at invoice. This raised some flags and I walked out anyways. My wife did get a verbal confirmation from them that they would be willing to honour the deal if we were to return within a week's time.

I went to another dealership and they told me that they are looking at 4 months of wait time for what I want to order. We didn't even get into pricing because the salesguy tried to build off the Jeep website and saw only that the 430N was available. He said he would talk to somebody and call me in the morning.

At this point, I think the first dealership is basically telling me anything that they think I want to hear and if I place an order with them, I might not be getting my vehicle in the quoted timeframe. I'm also a bit suspicious of their pricing. Also, the hand-written AMV sticker (which they're at least smart enough to realise I'm not going to pay) on the window makes me nervous about dealing with them.

I feel the second dealership might be truthful about the wait time from their point of view but wonder if it's because there's an allotment issue with them. They're an Auto Nation dealership if that makes any difference. Perhaps they can't order any more for a while and that delay only applies to them? Four months seems excessive.

Thoughts?

wsw523 01-20-2011 12:17 AM

i confirm with dnizzle - i ordered on saturday and was D1 yesterday. i received my updated POC from my dealer with my VIN number and order status. based on another forum, the mineral gray summits may have taken priority in the build scheduling (due to large demand) within the past few days (i say this with fingers crossed as production hasn't actually started...).

JTS97Z28 01-20-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsw523 (Post 338164)
i confirm with dnizzle - i ordered on saturday and was D1 yesterday. i received my updated POC from my dealer with my VIN number and order status. based on another forum, the mineral gray summits may have taken priority in the build scheduling (due to large demand) within the past few days (i say this with fingers crossed as production hasn't actually started...).

Damn no kidding? Thats quick wish mine would go through like that. I ordered saddle interior and 730N on the 12th im hoping my order goes through all together let alone go through quickly :-)

mjw930 01-20-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

This is where things get a little unclear for me. People placing orders and getting to D1 status in a week while others with similar (and even simpler) orders are weeks into the process and stuck at D status. I'm also wondering about the viability of the tracking thread since the 2 here who are being told by the hotline and their dealer that they are in D1 status yet that's not reflected in what's published here.

** Last tracking check: 1/20/11 - 6:30 am EST **

Dnizzle2010 (Overland)
Date ordered: 12/10/2010
D1 status date: 12/20/2010
Current status: D1
Estimated delivery: 01/12/2011

Dnizzle2010 (Overland #2)
Date ordered: N/A
D1 status date: N/A
Current status: Not yet scheduled
[B]Estimated delivery:N/A

wsw523 (?)
Date ordered: N/A
D1 status date: N/A
Current status: Not yet scheduled
Estimated delivery: N/A

So, I wonder what the "real" story is??????????????????

pooch1005 01-20-2011 08:54 AM

It's a little unclear to me too. I ordered 6 weeks ago and I'm am still BA status. It's very frustrating to see orders that were placed way after mine moving ahead and mine making no progress.

Technosavant 01-20-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

D1 status can indeed come within a week. When I ordered one back in July it was D1 in less than 6 days, although Overland production didn't begin for another month and mine wasn't built until almost September and didn't actually ship until October (by which time I had bought one off a lot).