Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   SUMMIT Order Status...tracking... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/summit-order-status-tracking-17720.html)

Dan JGC 01-20-2011 11:45 AM

SUMMIT Order Status...tracking...

I sent Milous a message to list my tracking as a Summit ("Overland Summit") since default is "Overland" and he changed it in case people want to follow Summits.

If you ordered a Summit and are tracking, then you may want to let Milous know it is a Summit so everyone can follow the Summit production.

netcoolery 01-20-2011 01:04 PM

Re: SUMMIT Order Status...tracking...

Hooray! Just got my VIN # today and asked Milous for tracking. I did identify it as a Summit, so hopefully that will help.

mrfixxit7 01-20-2011 04:09 PM

I sent Milous an update as well asking to change it to the summit edition. I also got conformation today that my order has been changed from the 430N to the 730N RHR.

joebinotto 01-21-2011 09:57 AM

Netcoolery, please let us know how long it takes to deliver your Summit. I plan to place an order this weekend and they are saying 6-8 weeks.

mjw930 01-21-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebinotto (Post 338898)
Netcoolery, please let us know how long it takes to deliver your Summit. I plan to place an order this weekend and they are saying 6-8 weeks.

6 - 8 weeks is the standard dealer response, they don't base it on a particular model.

FYI, Jeep is building Summits right now as a batch and it looks like they schedule particular models in a batch mode to maximize things like paint, interior, suspensions, etc. It's quite possible that waiting to place an order could cause an even longer delay if the order is batched with the next Summit cycle. People who ordered 2 weeks ago may get theirs in 6 weeks while people that order next week may wait 10 or more weeks.

netcoolery 01-21-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joebinotto (Post 338898)

Will do. If they are doing a batch of Summits now, I hope mine will be in that batch. Although I did the order last Saturday, the dealer didn't put it in the system until Mon AM.

skier141 01-22-2011 12:34 AM

car was ordered 12/17/2010, been in D1, est ship is 1/24/2011. prod was stopped though for all "non summit" orders that were with new saddle unless it was already built and "in transit" (the old "Overland" 25p package), new saddle is now only avail in a "Summit" with only four choices of ext color, (another setback delay too for people who did not originally order a summit in one of the three colors that were avail up until the recent 4th color was added). As of the end of last week they have also temporarly stopped taking new factory orders not in "D1" status for summit's, and as everyone knows the "new saddle " is in very limited supply, (and the front dash and upper door window panel of the Summit are now full "new saddle" no black dash on Summit's hence the expensive but beautiful "overland summit" which raised the price $4500 over similarly ordered "overland" w/new saddle/black int if you ordered the car before early december! Calculated they were! also the 730n is not standard now on any vehicle, even the Summit. this has chaned from 430n to 730n back to 430n, its gonna be a crap shoot for already orderd cars, in other words if the 730 was in your car that has already been built you might have the 730n! so there u go boys. (btw i know the gm at my dealer and i was luckey to get what i got, there are none to be had) Good Luck! :eek:
skier141View Public ProfileSend a private message to skier141Find all posts by skier141Add skier141 to Your Contacts

JTS97Z28 01-22-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skier141 (Post 339440)
car was ordered 12/17/2010, been in D1, est ship is 1/24/2011. prod was stopped though for all "non summit" orders that were with new saddle unless it was already built and "in transit" (the old "Overland" 25p package), new saddle is now only avail in a "Summit" with only four choices of ext color, (another setback delay too for people who did not originally order a summit in one of the three colors that were avail up until the recent 4th color was added). As of the end of last week they have also temporarly stopped taking new factory orders not in "D1" status for summit's, and as everyone knows the "new saddle " is in very limited supply, (and the front dash and upper door window panel of the Summit are now full "new saddle" no black dash on Summit's hence the expensive but beautiful "overland summit" which raised the price $4500 over similarly ordered "overland" w/new saddle/black int if you ordered the car before early december! Calculated they were! also the 730n is not standard now on any vehicle, even the Summit. this has chaned from 430n to 730n back to 430n, its gonna be a crap shoot for already orderd cars, in other words if the 730 was in your car that has already been built you might have the 730n! so there u go boys. (btw i know the gm at my dealer and i was luckey to get what i got, there are none to be had) Good Luck! :eek:
skier141View Public ProfileSend a private message to skier141Find all posts by skier141Add skier141 to Your Contacts

I tried to understand everything you wrote in there but you lost me lol. It seems that you just said a bunch of stuff that everyone already knows, I think.

Its not a crap shoot on already ordered cars for the radio. Simple, if you ordered before the 12th you get the 430n, if you ordered on the 12th or later and specificed 730n you get 730n, if you ordered on the 12th or later and did not specify 730n you get the standard 430n.
The summit always has had a saddle dash and upper door panels. That isnt new. Saddle on standard Overlands is currently on restriction again. it came off briefly on the 12th and 13th and a few guys got an order in including myself.

No offense but was it necessary to copy and paste the same reply in 3 different threads? Thats kind of excessive, especially when I can hardly understand what your saying ;-)

Dan JGC 01-22-2011 01:59 AM

^^^^ I'm with you on that JTS97Z28......someone has either been popping the bottles or needs a tinfoil hat... LOL Let's hope it's the former.