Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   caveat emptor - let the flaming begin (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/caveat-emptor-let-the-flaming-begin-17731.html)

kgrencer 01-20-2011 09:04 PM

caveat emptor - let the flaming begin

Ok guys, so let the flaming begin, but I really regret buying this Jeep. Let me begin by saying this is a very nice vehicle, and one day will be worthy of the Jeep name but not yet. I am an avid Jeep fan with an 85 CJ, and an 08 JK, so I am the first to regret saying these words. At the end of the day, this vehicle is shy of perfection in many ways. To call this a refined luxury vehicle is just a stretch by any imagination. I have had this truck back to the dealership so many times for fit and finish and electrical problems, not to mention the two replacement dashes because of the phoenix heat melting the glue used to secure the leather. I dont even want to mention the shuddering... studdering.... bucking whatever the hell you want to call issue with the transmission/ecm/torque converter.
Many of you report no issues with your rigs and I wish you many many miles of trouble free use, but I was not so fortunate.

Im not being picky, Im not being over sensitive, I want to shove this thing down chryslers a$$.

Marlin 01-20-2011 09:08 PM

Re: caveat emptor - let the flaming begin

I can completely understand mate.
Wearing a path to the dealer's door is simply unnacceptable, and is not becoming, not would it be acceptable, of a $10k Kia, let alone the "premium" vehicle in Jeep's lineup.

I've stated before that I feel they may have rushed it to market just a little too quickly....... the pressure was no doubt on do get sales moving ASAP, and new product was needed, but premature release is never good, and does more harm than good long-term.

moosehead 01-20-2011 09:09 PM

Sorry to hear kgrencer. Will your dealer help with a trade in or replacement or are you SOL? Hope you get an assist somehow.

Dan JGC 01-20-2011 09:26 PM

Wowww.....ouch. No fun for sure. Sounds like my first GC in 1992...

When did you order and when did you take delivery? I sure the heck hope any bugs are worked out by now since I recently ordered one!

kgrencer 01-20-2011 09:33 PM

I hope so too, I really do. This has not been a fun drive and shelling out 40K on top of it is frustrating.

Mine was the first Overland in Phoenix....I know, what the hell was I thinking.

rdalcanto 01-20-2011 09:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles. That sucks. I hope Chrysler comes through and makes you happy in the end.

JTS97Z28 01-20-2011 09:58 PM

Sounds like you had a VERY early built one considering you said it was the first in Phoenix. Im not blaming this on you by any means but I always like to wait and let the manufacturer get atleast several months of building a new model prior to jumping the gun. You will find more often than not any manufacturer is going to have issues on early built cars after a redesign. Again, not your fault and its ashame that this happened because the new Grand Cherokee's truely are amazing machines and your example unfortunetaly ruined the experience. Wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

James

jonesark 01-20-2011 10:08 PM

That sucks.

nek121328 01-20-2011 10:10 PM

I'm glad they waited to offer the ORII options on the Laredo until October. That gave them time to work out the bugs as far as I am concerned.

walterhudson 01-21-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 338675)
I can completely understand mate.
Wearing a path to the dealer's door is simply unnacceptable, and is not becoming, not would it be acceptable, of a $10k Kia, let alone the "premium" vehicle in Jeep's lineup.

I've stated before that I feel they may have rushed it to market just a little too quickly....... the pressure was no doubt on do get sales moving ASAP, and new product was needed, but premature release is never good, and does more harm than good long-term.

Right on!....when a manufacturer introduces a new model with so many options and colors not available until a later date you know it was introduced too soon. How many dam radios have we had so far...it seems like about 10

MSCA 01-21-2011 08:33 AM

If the vehicle is that bad, start collecting your service receipts and see if you're eligible for the lemon law in your state.

JohnS 01-21-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrencer (Post 338672)
... not to mention the two replacement dashes because of the phoenix heat melting the glue used to secure the leather. ...

This is a little concerning. I wonder if this will be a major problem during the summer months in the north & east.