Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rattle when cold (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rattle-when-cold-17747.html)

mrpositraction 01-21-2011 09:35 AM

Rattle when cold
 
Sounds like it is coming from the rear of the vehicle, possible near the roof. Anyone have this and find the solution? Really don't like bringing my vehicle to the dealer, had a really bad experience on two F150 trucks and the dealership tearing the interior apart.....the guys doing are not experts! Just when hitting bumps.

JoeSchmoe007 01-21-2011 10:46 AM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpositraction (Post 338884)
Sounds like it is coming from the rear of the vehicle, possible near the roof. Anyone have this and find the solution? Really don't like bringing my vehicle to the dealer, had a really bad experience on two F150 trucks and the dealership tearing the interior apart.....the guys doing are not experts! Just when hitting bumps.

If it is coming from the rear - could this be a spare tire moving around (obviously not near the roof though and cold should not be relevant)?

NetJunkie 01-21-2011 10:59 AM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
The plastic cover across the sunroof rattles on mine when it's cold. I need to adjust it.

UNCjeepWK2 01-21-2011 11:21 AM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Cold weather is *definitely* relevant with regard to rattles. Cars and plastic in general is much more prone to rattling after sitting out in very cold conditions.

moosehead 01-21-2011 12:38 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Positraction and Netjunkie, do you guys have the pano roof?

JoeSchmoe007 01-21-2011 12:45 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 338929)
Cold weather is *definitely* relevant with regard to rattles. Cars and plastic in general is much more prone to rattling after sitting out in very cold conditions.

You are right - what I meant is that if the noise source is spare tire moving around then cold probably shouldn't make a difference

NetJunkie 01-21-2011 09:04 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 339000)
Positraction and Netjunkie, do you guys have the pano roof?

I do.

moosehead 01-21-2011 11:03 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NetJunkie (Post 339345)
I do.

I'm just chasing a possible troubleshoot theory, but FWIW I experience no rattles in extreme cold weather with the smaller sunroof.

NetJunkie 01-22-2011 03:48 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 339405)
I'm just chasing a possible troubleshoot theory, but FWIW I experience no rattles in extreme cold weather with the smaller sunroof.

I know where mine is coming from. I just need to fix it.

mrpositraction 01-24-2011 10:46 AM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
I have the pano roof. It sounds like the track but I can't pin point it or replicate it without driving over rough road.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-24-2011 11:19 AM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
check the spare tire

Angel 01-24-2011 12:01 PM

Re: Rattle when cold
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like the issue related to this TSB (see attachment).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community