Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   So i scheduled an appointment to have my oil changed and tires rotated and.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/so-i-scheduled-an-appointment-to-have-my-oil-changed-and-tires-rotated-and-17760.html)

RyeGuy 01-21-2011 02:33 PM

So i scheduled an appointment to have my oil changed and tires rotated and....

I received an email back that reads the following:

"Ryan,
Sat. the 29th will be fine.
Also, you have two(2) rapid responses that need to be corrected (very similarto a recall) .
One is to inspect & possible replacement of the upper shock mount (appox 20min- 80min)
The other is to update the ESC module. (appox 20min)
These times are on top of the normal service.
This will put us over the 1 1/2 hr time period.
Would you still like to make this app't.
Thanks
Jeff"

Any thoughts?

Repo503 01-21-2011 02:34 PM

Re: So i scheduled an appointment to have my oil changed and tires rotated and....

Not suprising on such a new model and to my ears it sounds like you have a good dealership for letting you know and giving you estimated times.

Red G8R 01-21-2011 02:35 PM

Re: So i scheduled an appointment to have my oil changed and tires rotated and....

I had my first service recently with no extra "fixes".
I think that's good for your dealer to be proactive instead of the client asking.

RyeGuy 01-21-2011 02:38 PM

It's awesome I really do love my dealership. I spoke with them on the phone in regards to the upper shock mounts. They informed me that if there is a certain colored sticker on them they will need to be replaced if not than it is just a quick inspection.

Nbtstatic 01-21-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 339088)
It's awesome I really do love my dealership. I spoke with them on the phone in regards to the upper shock mounts. They informed me that if there is a certain colored sticker on them they will need to be replaced if not than it is just a quick inspection.

Just FYI I believe it is this one (shock mounts):

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1700310.pdf

This is probably the other one (ESC):

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1800111.pdf

Nbtstatic 01-21-2011 02:47 PM

btw, what is your mileage currently? I'm trying to decide when to rotate the forteras.

dwaleke 01-21-2011 04:27 PM

That's great that your dealer is being proactive. I just had mine in to get the alignment checked (needed adjustment) and asked for the ESC TSB to be done. They performed both.

Haven't driven anywhere but back from the dealer so no comments on the ESC although some think it may fix more than just increase the sensitivity of the system.

I rarely ever take a vehicle in for dealership work. I know too many dealer techs (friends even) that are all about fixing a problem as fast as possible rather than taking the time to do it right. Unfortunate but true. I would think twice before letting them take apart my suspension unless absolutely necessary. If you're lucky you'll get the guy who does it correctly.

Maybe have them perform the inspection. You may find out you don't need the work done after all.

Technosavant 01-21-2011 04:55 PM

I was in at my dealer Wednesday to have a couple things looked at; they informed me of the ESC item (which I had forgotten about, but I had seen something about it).

It's good for the dealer to be on top of that kind of thing.

JoeSchmoe007 01-21-2011 04:57 PM

RyeGuy: what dealer are you going to?

RyeGuy 01-21-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbtstatic (Post 339099)
btw, what is your mileage currently? I'm trying to decide when to rotate the forteras.

Coming up on 7000K

RyeGuy 01-21-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 339189)
RyeGuy: what dealer are you going to?

McDonagh Jeep on Rt 18 in NJ. I ditched my original dealership in (Brooklyn Auto Group) They are crooks and I'm still fighting for my deposit back.

jeep2011 01-21-2011 10:55 PM

The shock mounts would only apply to non overlands and jeeps without the trailer group IV. Wish the dealer here could perform a TSB they just say the computer didn't pull any up that applies to your car. Amazing since the ESP applies to all Jeep's before 12/2010