Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HELP!---10' laredo fully loaded except 7 inch oem mygig without nav? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/help-10-laredo-fully-loaded-except-7-inch-oem-mygig-without-nav-17790.html)

blackonblack 01-22-2011 12:34 AM

HELP!---10' laredo fully loaded except 7 inch oem mygig without nav?

i am very close to sealing the deal and getting a '10 5.7 hemi laredo fully loaded except idk why it sounds real stupid to me but the car i believe was bought originally with the mygig but doesn't have the nav feature. i have never even heard of this prior to this but i wanted to know how much it would cost to get the nav on it or if i need a whole unit and everything?
what's the best way to go about this...it does have the back-up camera and everything though.
THANKS!

DAVY27 01-22-2011 12:47 AM

Re: HELP!---10' laredo fully loaded except 7 inch oem mygig without nav?

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...ighlight=mygig

DAVY27 01-22-2011 12:48 AM

all you would need is a gps antenna and you're set!

blackonblack 01-22-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 339446)
all you would need is a gps antenna and you're set!

but i don't think it has the nav button on the system...i just found out by looking on google that it might be called the ren mygig? i didn't know that was one...i guess it comes without nav idk why itd be on a 2010 fully loaded but you think that's right?
why is he saying you bought the 09 one and he has a 08 one left? dont 08-10 mygig all fit?

GR33N D3M0N 01-22-2011 12:53 AM

you would have to buy a new system, if it doesnt have nav, i dont think there is any way to put nav

blackonblack 01-22-2011 12:56 AM

yea figured so i need the rer...how do i know if i need high or low speed i don't get the difference!!

GR33N D3M0N 01-22-2011 12:57 AM

i have no idea, sorry man!

DAVY27 01-22-2011 12:57 AM

yea, you would need to swap the REN with the RER which got the nav button. Im not sure but 2010 was the only year they put the Hemi available on the Laredo, so probably some features was/wasnt available. Ask them for the build sheet and it should tell if it came with it or not.

it should fit the 08-10. the only difference i THINK is maybe the software?

DAVY27 01-22-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackonblack (Post 339451)
yea figured so i need the rer...how do i know if i need high or low speed i don't get the difference!!

low speed one

blackonblack 01-22-2011 01:02 AM

yea just for further reference what car used the high speed one then?
and is it possible to upgrade the maps? i think it's like $200.00 or something if i read somewhere before? otherwise it'd be good?
how do you do the antenna thing you put it in there?
sorry for all the questions and thanks man hopefully will get this thing on monday and finally post some pics of a new jeep:) fingers crossed lol

DAVY27 01-22-2011 01:11 AM

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm

IMO the software should be good to go. the upgrades is just for very minor changes (i think) and not worth the $200.

the gps antenna have a receiver on it. you just connect the antenna to a slot behind the RER unit and put the receiver on top of the dash so it can find satellites to position the navigation. Once it find at least 4 satellites you can put the receiver behind the unit and you're good to go.

ask away, that's what this forum is all about :thumbsup:

it shouldnt be a dealerbreaker tho. i installed the mygig and its one of the best mods i did. You can sell the REN and get some $$ back too

blackonblack 01-22-2011 01:16 AM

true that yea but wait cause he said the maps are out of date...it's probably not that bad and worth the 200 right what you said? and yea should be good hopefully the screen and everything is working good i'll talk to him more on pm
ok so you have to let the receiver stick out somehow so it can find satellites then you can put it away so it doesn't look sloppy?