Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/exhaust-17791.html)

dcanzalone 01-22-2011 01:13 AM

Exhaust

Help me decide, want a new exhaust for my 2011 Wk2 with the 5.7. Do i go Borla, Corsa, or Magnaflow. Looking for a nice rumble but not to obnoxious.

RUBRMAN 01-22-2011 11:15 PM

Re: Exhaust

I'm going with the Magnaflow this summer. In my opinion, the most subtle sounding systems. Not to loud at idle, and just right when your on it. I'm sure you going to get a lot of different responses, but my vote is Magna-flow!

jeeppro 01-22-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUBRMAN (Post 339930)
I'm going with the Magnaflow this summer. In my opinion, the most subtle sounding systems. Not to loud at idle, and just right when your on it. I'm sure you going to get a lot of different responses, but my vote is Magna-flow!

i agree 100%

jeep2011 01-23-2011 12:26 PM

magnaflow sounds the best to me as well. Saw on ebay it was only $900 w/free shipping vs. the $1100-1200 elsewhere.

fincsher 01-24-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcanzalone (Post 339460)
Help me decide, want a new exhaust for my 2011 Wk2 with the 5.7. Do i go Borla, Corsa, or Magnaflow. Looking for a nice rumble but not to obnoxious.

If you want a louder sound, go for Magnaflow.. It is my exhaust system and it sounds great and louder. :D

mrpositraction 01-24-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fincsher (Post 340506)
If you want a louder sound, go for Magnaflow.. It is my exhaust system and it sounds great and louder. :D

Do you have have any drone at highway speeds? I have read some reviews that state they drone. I had magnaflow on my last 2 F150's and both droned. I love Magnaflow sound but can't stand drone at any level!

mjw930 01-24-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpositraction (Post 340589)
Do you have have any drone at highway speeds? I have read some reviews that state they drone. I had magnaflow on my last 2 F150's and both droned. I love Magnaflow sound but can't stand drone at any level!

+1

I've put up with droning Magniflow's and Flowmaster's on sporty or high performance cars / trucks but I refuse to ruin a luxury SUV with an ill designed exhaust.

My bottom line, ANY exhaust that drones at speed is not engineered but simply slapped together with off the shelf, generic parts. Your WK2 deserves better.

moosehead 01-25-2011 01:02 PM

OP, check out some of the clips below in this subforum section with various WK2 catback exhausts, there may also be others on YouTube.

I'd say the Borla is anything but subtle, and you know it's always there. My wife thinks it's "broken, and needs to go to Midas", but the driver loves it. Of course, I loved glass packs back in the day. Heh.

As for droning, I'm not sure any system has it completely dialed out. The Borla has a bit of droning in ECO 4cyl mode in mid speeds, but it's not a loud or overbearing issue at all and they designed it specifically for the Hemi MDS.

If you surf the droning topic you'll see really loud droning and sound resonance from the Mustang, F150, and other crowds with certain pipes.

JeepLee2011 02-08-2011 09:34 AM

Think I'm going with Magnaflow. I like Borla's sound in sports/muscle cars but not on an SUV. For me, Borla's sound fits better on the SRT than my Laredo, just my opinion. I did get a quote from a couple local Borla dealers tho ;) the cheaper one was $1380 with March delivery. Magnaflow is in stock (ships in 8 days) at Jegs for $1250. a member said its on ebay cheaper, would definitely look into that.

mrpositraction 02-09-2011 12:30 PM

Go to performance peddler, they quoted my in the $800s. I have bought many of my vehicles exhaust from them. They ship from Magnaflow, just buy through them.

bigbore 02-28-2011 12:40 PM

I'm going to check out the Corsa system. I have one on my SRT8 300C and do not have any drone whatsoever. This was discussed extensively on the LX, 300 and SRT forums years back and that seemed to be the consensus there as well.

moosehead 02-28-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepLee2011 (Post 350744)
...I like Borla's sound in sports/muscle cars but not on an SUV. For me, Borla's sound fits better on the SRT than my Laredo, just my opinion.....

Agreed. Borla soundclip below. Heh.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...ighlight=borla