Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Front Air Deflector (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/front-air-deflector-17818.html)

Hollywood 01-22-2011 05:47 PM

Front Air Deflector

Silly little thing, but on my '98 GC I have a "Mopar" Front Air Deflector on the front hood in "smoke".

I have yet to see one on a '11 Jeep. I know one exists as the part number is: 82212047

Would love to see a pic of one installed if anyone has one?

rb3wreath 07-07-2011 04:41 PM

Re: Front Air Deflector

Bump. Also wondering about getting one of these. Can someone post a picture of theirs if they have one?

cloud11244 07-07-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 339753)
Silly little thing, but on my '98 GC I have a "Mopar" Front Air Deflector on the front hood in "smoke".

I have yet to see one on a '11 Jeep. I know one exists as the part number is: 82212047

Would love to see a pic of one installed if anyone has one?

Even though there is a part number, this part is not available yet. Supposedly, the manufacturer will be distributing this part to MOPAR starting July 16. I have been wanting this part since March. In the meantime, I installed an AVIS Bugflector II ( Google AVIS Bugflector II)made for the 2011 JEEP Grand Chrokee. It looks pretty good and protects the front of the hood. I was not very happy about the installation. It advertizes a "no drill" installation. But, it comes with a self taping screw which I found impossible to screw into the bottom of the hood, unless I were to drill a hole first. I refused to do that, so I used Gorilla tape (very strong) and the other fasteners that came with the deflector. It is pretty secure. When the MOPAR one becomes available, I will buy that one. Hope this helps.

nek121328 07-07-2011 08:08 PM

Replace the AVS screw setup with aftermarket GM & Ford Retainers (plastic push trees). I used UFO brand Body Hardware # 7352R. There are 7 in the pack and
only 6 are needed for the installation. Also used 3-M black weather strip adhesive
for the rubber air deflector. Can't provide photos as the hard drive with the pics crashed on the personal computer.

rb3wreath 07-08-2011 12:06 AM

Called a dealer today and they said that they wouldn't be shipping until after the 16th of this month (July). Not sure if I should get the chrome or tinted one ... wonder which one would look best with Mineral Gray.

nek121328 07-08-2011 06:18 AM

The black/tinted version blends in perfectly with the Blackberry paint.

scang 07-08-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 443799)
Replace the AVS screw setup with aftermarket GM & Ford Retainers (plastic push trees). I used UFO brand Body Hardware # 7352R. There are 7 in the pack and
only 6 are needed for the installation. Also used 3-M black weather strip adhesive
for the rubber air deflector. Can't provide photos as the hard drive with the pics crashed on the personal computer.

Where did you get the UFO brand Body Hardware #7352R? Thanks!

Deserthucker 07-08-2011 11:28 AM

make me wounder.
Called my dealer today in Australia, he said he has 50+ in stock!
Are they made downunder?
And he said they have had them over a month

Hollywood 07-08-2011 11:44 AM

Someone please pics as soon as you get this installed. Would love to see the tinted one.

nek121328 07-08-2011 02:53 PM

Found the UFO trees at the local Part Plus auto parts store in NH. Any traditional auto parts store should have OE replacement plastic push pins or trees. Retail type Autozone/Advance probably won't.

sinjin 07-08-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb3wreath (Post 443931)
Called a dealer today and they said that they wouldn't be shipping until after the 16th of this month (July). Not sure if I should get the chrome or tinted one ... wonder which one would look best with Mineral Gray.

I'm trying to decide same thing. Can't decide which would look better

Hollywood 07-08-2011 04:19 PM

I've seen the "Chrome" one. Wasn't impressed. I too have Mineral Gray and think the smoked/tinted one would look great. Still I'm waiting to see a photo of one before I decide for sure.