Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What about a Saturday build date? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-about-a-saturday-build-date-17842.html)

mjw930 01-23-2011 10:07 AM

What about a Saturday build date?

We've all heard the urban legend. "Don't buy a car made on a Monday or Friday". Well, what about a car made on a Saturday????? :D

Mjw930 (Overland)
Date ordered: 12/27/2010
D1 status date: 01/20/2011
Current status: I
Estimated delivery: 02/02/2011
Built - Pending Inspection: (I) 01/22/2011 09:21 PM CST Detroit Jefferson Assembly, MI

Also, check out the times, this has to be one of the fastest "Order to Build" sequences I've seen on the tracking thread. 2 days from D1 to I status and if they meet their estimated delivery it's 5 weeks and 2 days "Order to Delivery" :thumbsup:

RedRocker 01-23-2011 10:23 AM

Re: What about a Saturday build date?

A car isn't made on a single day. How do you avoid a transmission, engine, transfer case, axle, drive shaft, instrument cluster, HVAC unit, dash pad, seat, sensor, wiring harness ... made on a Monday, Friday or Saturday?

I'd venture to guess that electrical faults would be the primary worry from an inattentive final build.

mjw930 01-23-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 340106)
A car isn't made on a single day. How do you avoid a transmission, engine, transfer case, axle, drive shaft, instrument cluster, HVAC unit, dash pad, seat, sensor, wiring harness ... made on a Monday, Friday or Saturday?

I'd venture to guess that electrical faults would be the primary worry from an inattentive final build.

I know that, my post is intended to be tongue in cheek, poking fun at the Urban Legends like the one that's currently a hot topic, "Never buy a 1st MY vehicle". ;)

JTS97Z28 01-23-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 340106)

Yeah we understand what your saying, but all those components have to come together in one final assembly into one package...and if I remember correctly a single Jeep gets built and goes through the assembly line in like 6 or 8 hours or something. So saying you have a "saturday" built car is technically true. I would want my Overland built on whatever day the more senior people are working. Maybe like a tuesday day shift or something I would think would be pretty optimal :-) Whatever shift those people were on that were getting high on break I would prefer if they didnt touch my Jeep lol. Morons.

mjw930 01-23-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 340144)
Yeah we understand what your saying, but all those components have to come together in one final assembly into one package...and if I remember correctly a single Jeep gets built and goes through the assembly line in like 6 or 8 hours or something. So saying you have a "saturday" built car is technically true. I would want my Overland built on whatever day the more senior people are working. Maybe like a tuesday day shift or something I would think would be pretty optimal :-) Whatever shift those people were on that were getting high on break I would prefer if they didnt touch my Jeep lol. Morons.

Actually, it's highly likely the people working the Saturday shift are more senior since it's possible the weekend workers get a shift differential.

Regardless its a moot point, it's built and in record time. I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with the configuration being so close to what the Summit's are, Mineral Gray V8 4X4. Supposedly last week was focused on Summit orders, or so the hotline said.

White Chocolate 01-23-2011 01:58 PM

Never once heard of this legend.

TTUMBIO2010 01-23-2011 02:02 PM

Congrats and be sure to post some pics on or around the 2nd! Enjoy the LOOOOONG wait! :D

dwaleke 01-23-2011 03:25 PM

Congrats! You're going to love that Jeep.

mjw930 01-23-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 340229)
Never once heard of this legend.

Then you must be a youngster. Google "don't buy a car built on monday" and see what comes up.

OneCent 01-24-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 340339)
Then you must be a youngster. Google "don't buy a car built on monday" and see what comes up.

Hmm, or for him its not a legend ;-)

After you take a look at youtube and Jeep or chrysler i would say: never buy a car produced after lunch :D (the story about the employes and alcohol).