Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   When i return from afghanistan (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/when-i-return-from-afghanistan-17861.html)

baldeagle432 01-23-2011 11:04 PM

When i return from afghanistan

Ok so i was looking at doing and ome hd lift have done alot of research on this site and seems like everyone says its the way to go. Im was lookin at the spidertraxx spacers and a set og 265/70/17 for tires but i cant pick out a tire. Also doing a spartan cam with cmr tune and srt manifolds and complete duel exhaust hoping that will getme good power. Anyways looking for a god set of tires for desert and mostly street driving. MY unit is moving to elpaso texas when we get back and it seems like everything there is sand and a little mud but im from michigan and well everything there is muddy and shit so i want ot be able to handle both ok im not a hardkore offroader like i said mostly street driving. what do u guys think for a sweet tire right now im lookin at general at2 and bfg ats.

08Hemi 01-23-2011 11:21 PM

Re: When i return from afghanistan

great ideas for your ride, ome makes a great lift fro what I have read. Ask Acidcold (member on here) about the spidertraxx, i am sure he will know. I have always been a fan of the Nitto Terra Grapplers, great looking IMO and quiet on-road with good A/T properties. keep us posted on the progress and make it back safe!!

jeepnjeep 01-23-2011 11:32 PM

Thank you for your service to our Country.
Get the Grabber AT2's. Best tires I've ever had on a 4X4.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-24-2011 12:04 AM

destination a/t great off road and awesome on road

baldeagle432 01-24-2011 12:54 AM

lol so three post and three different ideas i do like the nittos thu i loved them on all my tuner cars atleast lol idk on my jeep thu but i hear read good things

jeepingib 01-24-2011 07:21 PM

BFG AT's are a good tire but most people are tired of them because they have been around for decades with little change. The Grabbers are pretty good too. It all boils down to personal preferance. I run BFG's MT right now, and am about to move to the new MT KM2's. In my opinion these are more all terrain than the tires that are marketed as all terrain. If I were going back to Bliss or Hood I'd do something more along these lines or maybe a Goodyear, or Toyo MT. There are a lot of killer trails out there by Bliss and I'd want to take advantage of them. But all of the tires I mention will cause a little bit of excess road noise, and a small drop in fuel economy.

Keirik 01-24-2011 08:14 PM

have no opinion on what to do but wanted to tell you to be safe out there and thank you for your service. Get home safely and always stay sharp

08Hemi 01-24-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldeagle432 (Post 340492)
lol so three post and three different ideas i do like the nittos thu i loved them on all my tuner cars atleast lol idk on my jeep thu but i hear read good things

Same here bro...and I love the tread patter and look!!