Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   EPP Fees?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/epp-fees-17869.html)

2011RitterGC 01-24-2011 10:21 AM

EPP Fees??

I bought my GC on the Chrylser EPP. The dealer charged me a $299 documentation fee. My understanding is that under the EPP that the dealer is NOT to charge any extra fees. Does anyone know if that includes the doc fee?

dwaleke 01-24-2011 12:05 PM

Re: EPP Fees??

I paid $99. On the form it used to be $75, but that was crossed out.

I think it is fairly common for dealerships to charge doc fees nowadays. This covers the overhead in registering your title and any other paper work they are doing. Although you'd think that would be payed for with the dealer holdback, but times are tough and this number seems to be getting larger and larger.

I don't think I'd pay much more than I did. Definitely would shop around for a dealer with a smaller fee. You pay the same price everywhere for the Jeep with the EP price.

Nbtstatic 01-24-2011 12:12 PM

Not sure about EPP, but on FFP they are locked down to one doc fee of a certain amount, that is specified within the program. I can't remember the amount, maybe $120.

NB

hquantum 01-24-2011 01:45 PM

I have never seen a doc fee that high.
It is usually $75.00 to $100.00.

I always fight with the dealer over this fee.

mjw930 01-24-2011 03:25 PM

FPP is a fixed $75 fee paid by the dealer top Chrysler. Not sure if EP has the same fee but I'm pretty sure it does.

DOC fees mean something different to everyone. In FL DOC fees are legally spelled out as the fees charged by the state to title and register (Document) the vehicle. They are fixed by the state and most dealers now act as agents and are electronically connected to the DMV. These run from around $125 to as much as $350 depending on the weight, type and purpose of the vehicle and whether it's a "New" tag or a transfer.

Anything else is considered a "Dealer Fee" and must be identified as such. These fees are PURE PROFIT to the dealer as they are not used to calculate the salesman commissions or any other performance based compensation. They go straight to the dealer's bottom line.

Under the FPP and EP programs dealers can charge DOC fees as described about but they cannot charge DEALER FEES over and above the $75 program fee.

What makes it even stranger that these dealers are doing this is the fact that they must submit the paperwork to Chrysler along with your unique control number to be reimbursed under these plans. It's been told to me that if there are any extranious fees the deals are rejected and the dealership does not get their reimbursement under the plan.

One explanation for this might be the reimbursement they get from Chrysler is lower than the dealer fees they are charging so they make more money simply honoring your price but charging the fees and not submitting it into the program. For the FPP program this is quite possible but the EP discounts are much higher, essentially wiping out their holdback so they must be doing something else with the contracts (2 sets of books) they submit to Chrysler for reimbursement if they want to get paid under the EP program.

JTS97Z28 01-24-2011 05:21 PM

Im looking at my buyers order sheet and mine says $219 License and Title, and $156.08 for doc service fee. Does this seem right? Purchased from a dealership in IL.

2011RitterGC 01-24-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 340815)
Im looking at my buyers order sheet and mine says $219 License and Title, and $156.08 for doc service fee. Does this seem right? Purchased from a dealership in IL.

I lived in IL for years. 219 seems high but maybe not if you got new plates and did not transfer plates. Doc fees are all over the place.

2011RitterGC 01-24-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011RitterGC (Post 340577)
I bought my GC on the Chrylser EPP. The dealer charged me a $299 documentation fee. My understanding is that under the EPP that the dealer is NOT to charge any extra fees. Does anyone know if that includes the doc fee?

I called Chrysler. They told me that any doc fee is rolled into the EPP price. All I shoudl pay is EPP price, tax, title and lic. The $299 is something they should not have charged me.

Chi-One 01-24-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 340815)

In IL plates are based on HP. DOC fee is capped at the maximum that you quoted here. You can go to the SOS web site to check: www.cyberdriveillinois.com.

2011RitterGC 01-24-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-One (Post 340906)
In IL plates are based on HP. DOC fee is capped at the maximum that you quoted here. You can go to the SOS web site to check: www.cyberdriveillinois.com.

I lived in IL from 1975 until 2008. Never paid for lic based on HP.