Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Paint on Wednesday, what do you think??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/paint-on-wednesday-what-do-you-think-17910.html)

t-pain 01-25-2011 12:38 AM

Paint on Wednesday, what do you think???

Well my beast goes in for paint on Wednesday and I just wanna get some input on what I want done…

What I plan on getting done is getting it all de-badged (except the SRT badge) and all chrome blacked out the same flat black as the upper window trim. My SRT is brilliant black and the reason I want to do a flat black on the chrome is to match all other trim pieces.

What do you think?

05srt12b 01-25-2011 05:54 AM

Re: Paint on Wednesday, what do you think???

Do what you think will look good. Personally I think that will look sick.

t-pain 01-25-2011 06:06 AM

I figure it'd look pretty sweet with flat black trim and moulding, don't think doing a color match would really work. The only polished pieces I want are my wheels and mesh grille inserts. Once I get it back I'll post pics.

Now I just gotta wait for the 22" reps from FR.

05srt12b 01-25-2011 06:11 AM

+slammed = one sexy srt!!!

t-pain 01-26-2011 11:25 AM

Well I just got back from dropping off my beast to the painters and they didn't want to touch the chrome on it, so I said eff it and just getting the Jeep badges removed off the hood and liftgate and also getting my rear bumper cover repaired because someone left me a parking lot present awhile ago. So all I'm getting done today is the bumper repaired, Jeep badges gone and my headlight covers colour matched.

I'm was a lil pissed but then I thought about and it opens up a couple of options (new parts!!!). I'll probably order the laredo bumper strip and park sensors in black, get the sweet SRT door moulding from Ken at TLS and hit Chad up at BlackOps for the carbon fibre front lip and rear step (gotta match my hood and rad cover ya know). All that'll end up chrome now are the lower window sills, wheels and grill.

All in all, I think this was a blessing in disguise because I get to order new parts!!!

SRTILL8 01-26-2011 11:30 AM

it def sounds like it works out better for you bro. nice mods in line too.

t-pain 01-26-2011 11:41 AM

*UDATE* Turns out the chrome will get the blackout treatment after all. Seems the shop manager doesn't know paint after talking to the 2 guys doing the job ha ha. So I'll end up getting what I wanted and save a few $$$, that's good news to me. I told the guys that they can scuff the shiz out of the chrome for the paint because once it goes black it ain't going back ha ha. Pick it up on Friday.

t-pain 01-26-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05srt12b (Post 341138)
+slammed = one sexy srt!!!

If I was shorter and not such a big dude I'd drop it, but as is I'd end up having to rollout to get out lmao.

BOYCHIKS 01-26-2011 12:49 PM

You going to be in for a treat!

post pics when finished!!

White Chocolate 01-26-2011 12:53 PM

I thought painting chrome was super hard to do??

Can you paint the chrome trim black and have it hold?

Scottina06 01-26-2011 01:24 PM

yes...my lord...chrome is easy to paint.

t-pain 01-26-2011 01:30 PM

I definitely post pics once I get it back.