Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Jeep in for warranty repair and this is what Chrysler gives me..... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/jeep-in-for-warranty-repair-and-this-is-what-chrysler-gives-me-17949.html)

dicephalous 01-25-2011 08:09 PM

Jeep in for warranty repair and this is what Chrysler gives me.....

http://images.autobytel.com/2007/Nis...saSedan_19.jpg

So I took my Jeep in to have the torque converter replaced to fix the shudder problem. I will be with out my Jeep for 2-3 days and this is what Chrysler thought was a comparable vehicle to give me. Seriously! I even had to call Chrysler to ask if they would put me in a rental. With reluctance they said "yes, since you just bought your vehicle we will provide you with one, but for only 3 days." Needless to say, this Nissan POS will get on hell of a workout

TTUMBIO2010 01-25-2011 08:18 PM

Re: Jeep in for warranty repair and this is what Chrysler gives me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRONM5INHfs

dicephalous 01-25-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTUMBIO2010 (Post 341767)

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Megatron 01-25-2011 08:42 PM

our member Robert Palmer went from a 6.1 Hemi to a Prius as a loaner..

but word up to the rental car abuse

Knightrider03m 01-25-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Paul (Post 341783)
our member Robert Palmer went from a 6.1 Hemi to a Prius as a loaner..

but word up to the rental car abuse

I remember that thread. Didn't get get liike 15 MPG LOL

JTS97Z28 01-25-2011 09:13 PM

Im never impressed by people abusing stuff that isnt theres. Infact it kinda pisses me off even if it is just a piece of shit Kia that nobody cares about.

Unfortunately thats what you get if you buy a domestic car from Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler. They are not high end car companies and even though they can make a great product, do not expect amazing service. If you wanted a fancy car when yours was in for service you should have gone with Mercedes, Lexus, or Acura or something like that.
Last time I brought my 07 Acura TL-S in for some warranty work they sent me on my way in a 50K+ 3 week old Acura RL. Thing was sweet!! Not only do the customers appreciate it, but its a sales pitch as well so people see there latest models and buy them. I dont expect american car companies to do that with cars such as a cobalt or something like that, but it would be nice with a $45,000 Overland. That much I agree with!!

James

Overland Ryan 01-25-2011 09:19 PM

Just make sure to leave a present under one of the seats!

GR33N D3M0N 01-25-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 341812)
Im never impressed by people abusing stuff that isnt theres. Infact it kinda pisses me off even if it is just a piece of shit Kia that nobody cares about.

Unfortunately thats what you get if you buy a domestic car from Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler. They are not high end car companies and even though they can make a great product, do not expect amazing service. If you wanted a fancy car when yours was in for service you should have gone with Mercedes, Lexus, or Acura or something like that.
Last time I brought my 07 Acura TL-S in for some warranty work they sent me on my way in a 50K+ 3 week old Acura RL. Thing was sweet!! Not only do the customers appreciate it, but its a sales pitch as well so people see there latest models and buy them. I dont expect american car companies to do that with cars such as a cobalt or something like that, but it would be nice with a $45,000 Overland. That much I agree with!!

James

i guarantee that the excuse is "i paid $40k+ i deserve something better" but in reality, its still just a jeep, and not a bmw, or a porsche, or a lexus, etc

Nbtstatic 01-25-2011 09:21 PM

Personally, I'd rather pay 39K for my Overland and drive a shitbox loaner than pay 60K for an X5 to get a 3 series loaner. YMMV.

NB

KMDColo 01-25-2011 09:31 PM

I never got a free loaner when my Jeep was in for service. BMW dealers in Denver send you out in a car equal to, or nicer than the car you dropped off.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

dicephalous 01-26-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 341812)

James

You make a good point, but if Chrysler wants to compete in the market with BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes they should consider providing a better service to their customers. Even Hyundai offers valet service on their flagship vehicle, they come to your house and pick up your car for service.

Kreso 01-26-2011 11:12 AM

Do not forget: "Dealer" not Chrysler. Loaner is on dealer. Others(BMW, Merc, ...) dealers take their dealership seriously while jeep or generally CryCo dealers NOT. But that depends from dealer to dealer, at least here in Europe. Whit my dealer I always get equal loaner to my GC