Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Wiper Problem any ideas (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/wiper-problem-any-ideas-17977.html)

dave97 01-26-2011 11:23 AM

Wiper Problem any ideas

Just wanted to say this forum is great and has been very helpful i tired doing a search but couldn't find anything related to my current issue.

Just started this morning, my wipers stay about an inch or two up from where they should be when stopped, I also noticed that they make one sweep when I turn the ignition and then when I start the jeep again.

This is on an 05 Laredo which doesn't have the rain sensing wipers, any ideas what could be causing this?

tvans 05-10-2011 08:47 AM

Re: Wiper Problem any ideas

Dave,
My wipers do the same thing...did you ever get a response on this :confused:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

AB Jeepster 05-12-2011 11:48 AM

you are sure your wiper sitch is off? right? Did the wipers ever get caught on anything? Ice maybe? If not, and they cycle every time you restart the motor (and the switch is off) sounds like a reflash problem that the stealership may have to look at. Unfortunately, just a guess.

sweetjeep99 05-12-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave97 (Post 342158)
Just wanted to say this forum is great and has been very helpful i tired doing a search but couldn't find anything related to my current issue.

Just started this morning, my wipers stay about an inch or two up from where they should be when stopped, I also noticed that they make one sweep when I turn the ignition and then when I start the jeep again.

This is on an 05 Laredo which doesn't have the rain sensing wipers, any ideas what could be causing this?

I have a 06 & mine does the same thing. I have know ideal what it is. if anyone figures it out let me know.

jlewissystem 05-12-2011 12:14 PM

Blindly throwing a dart - is there a sensor or relay to check for those?

Blizzboy283 12-12-2012 08:17 AM

I have the same exact problem.

Blizzboy283 02-14-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzboy283 (Post 723498)
I have the same exact problem.

For whatever reason, mine started working properly again. It seemed to coincide with this snow storm I was driving through when I had the wipers on for two hours.

swing4terps 01-10-2014 10:51 AM

I am having a similar problem with my 05 (w/o rain-sense). Sometimes when I turn on my wipers they will move about an inch up the window and stop. The only way to get them to move is to turn off the wipers. Doing so always returns them to the off position. Every time, if I follow this by turning back on the wipers, they will do a full pass.

Sometimes the wipers will do a full pass correctly the first time, but then get hung up the same way after 2-3 successful passes. And again, I can "fix" by turn wipers off, then on.

Any ideas?