Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Post Production Storage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/post-production-storage-17994.html)

TBROWN1632 01-26-2011 06:15 PM

Post Production Storage

Has anyone experienced the status of post production storage, and if so how long did you have to wait to get you Jeep from that status? I have been waiting for my Jeep since September 20th and getting a little annoyed. Thanks.

Technosavant 01-26-2011 08:19 PM

Re: Post Production Storage

That wait can vary.

The one I originally ordered (order was placed the first Sat of July) was built Aug 26 and immediately shunted off into a storage lot. It sat there until very late Sept, when I had already located and purchased a different one.

When you say you've been waiting since Sept 20, do you mean that was when you placed the order? If you become a site supporter, you can have Milous track your vehicle if you have a VIN assigned.

TBROWN1632 01-26-2011 08:39 PM

Thanks for your reply, yea unfortunately I placed my order September 20th for the Overland with saddle interior.. The dealer has broken its time line 5 times starting with the first one of Thanksgiving, then christmas, then New Years, then 2nd week of January, then today. Called him and he said very shortly its in storage waiting to be shipped. Going with my instinct on this I could imagine the dealer still has no clue when its coming in.

mjw930 01-26-2011 09:15 PM

I don't understand the "in storage" thing? Once it's built it makes no sense to go into storage unless it's waiting on a slot to open up with a shipper. I can't imagine it taking a month to schedule a train (find a shipping slot) unless it's a really odd destination.

Maybe Milous can shed some light on the logistics?

TBROWN1632 01-26-2011 09:42 PM

I am in Pittsburgh, so I couldn't imagine that shipping should take too long.. But then again who knows, everytime I call the dealer its in a different status haha...

rdalcanto 01-26-2011 10:57 PM

Mine was "in storage" for two weeks. Chrysler customer care flat out lied to me and told me it was there for extra inspection. Once I got the actual vehicle movement information print out from my dealer after it hit "plant release" (KZ), I was able to see that it was only in actual storage 2 days. Then it went to a bay waiting for a spot on a train for the next 12 days. Everyday it says "ramp compare inventory," with the occasional "advance ship notice to destination ramp." After 2 weeks it finally made it onto a railcar along with a bunch of other cars heading to my dealership. Good luck with yours. Not knowing is hard, and being lied to makes it worse.

JTS97Z28 01-27-2011 12:11 AM

Holy crap you ordered this Jeep back in September? and you havent moved on and bought something else from a company who can actually build a car and deliver it on time? Im not trying to bash Chrysler (well, yeah I am), but thats just ridiculous. As much as I would love to see everything go smoothly all these delays, holds, restrictions etc etc are getting a bit ridiculous.

James

TBROWN1632 01-27-2011 07:49 AM

I agree with you 100%, this is a wait you would expect from a hand made bentley. I would have moved on but the deal I got is really low compared to all of the other prices I received. Also, I would have gotten a nice car at for this price but I needed the jeep for the boat and jet skis. Lastly to be honest I drove about 6 different makes of suv's from BMW x5 to land rover lr4 to Audi and the jeep seemed to me just as nice and 10- 15k cheaper... I will say this wait has been torture, if it wasn't for those factors I would have been a long gone customer!

jamesdomagalski 01-27-2011 08:06 AM

I ordered mine the first week of July and received it 15 weeks later in late October. It sat in storage for over a month.

TBROWN1632 01-27-2011 10:00 AM

Yea, I know what you mean. This will be my 19th week since ordering and my car just moved to storage. Probably one of my most frustrating situations ever.

ernstmfg 01-27-2011 10:16 AM

That is horrible and doesn't make any sense. I ordered mine on Nov 15 and received it Jan 14. Overland/charcoal/saddle/advII/430 rad. I'm in California, I would think points west would be the longest wait!

Technosavant 01-27-2011 10:29 AM

The reason for the holdup in September was a QC issue was discovered and they quit shipping EVERYTHING. Because of the way they stacked them up, the one I ordered took forever to get shipped (it was not first in, first out).

Call the Jeep customer service line (info is found here) and they should be able to give you a decent picture of what is going on (or at least escalate it to somebody who can tell you that).