Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overland Special Order Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overland-special-order-questions-18015.html)

AndyM 01-27-2011 02:04 AM

Overland Special Order Questions

I can't find what I want, so I'm gonna have to order it. Overland with Offroad Adventure Package II. But here's my real dilemna -- I know I want the saddle interior, but I can't decide on the exterior. I can't do black or white, but I think either Blackberry Pearl or Mineral Gray would like really good. What do you think?

Also, have any of you successfully negotiated down the price on a special order? I know my dealer will say "no" and steer me toward something on the lot, but I'm wondering what the collective opinion is on this.

TTUMBIO2010 01-27-2011 02:16 AM

Re: Overland Special Order Questions

Dark Charcoal Pearl

scittb 01-27-2011 02:26 AM

Ordered mine last week. Got my summit for 200 over invoice with free oil changes for life and just found out today my dealer gives free power train for life as well for all its original owners.
Heres the thread for invoice pricing/msrp
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2011_features.htm
I went with mineral gray

2011RitterGC 01-27-2011 08:08 AM

With saddle I would say Mineral Grey would look best. I have Blackberry Pearl and I love the color but its with the Overland Light Frost/Dark Forst.

DABS 1 01-27-2011 03:49 PM

Gray is nice..... White works......:thumbsup:

Candy Girl 01-27-2011 04:12 PM

AndyM, you buy what you want! When I bought my first GC, I had visited a dealer that wanted me to buy what he had on the lot. I left and bought from someone else. It is my money and what I want, not to help the dealer unload his/her inventory-especially at the price of the Overland! But what you want and enjoy!!!

Cperez 01-27-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Girl (Post 343027)
AndyM, you buy what you want! When I bought my first GC, I had visited a dealer that wanted me to buy what he had on the lot. I left and bought from someone else. It is my money and what I want, not to help the dealer unload his/her inventory-especially at the price of the Overland! But what you want and enjoy!!!

You GO, (Candy)Girl! :thumbsup:

Candy Girl 01-27-2011 07:41 PM

Oops! That is BUY what you want and enjoy it!!!

erickpbl 01-27-2011 09:04 PM

Silver!

knobby 01-27-2011 09:51 PM

I voted mineral grey, but the more I look at that charcoal the more it grows on me. :) I do think a dark color is the way to go with the saddle though.

JTS97Z28 01-27-2011 09:57 PM

I personally think dark charcoal and saddle would be the perfect combo. I originally thought mineral gray and saddle were the best but mineral gray is just a tad too light to be the perfect match. Dark charcoal and saddle kind of remind me of a combo you would see a BMW in. Real classy! Seems to be a pretty rare combo. I have yet to see any high quality pics from the forum of that, and when searching throughout the country there is only 1 if that through out the U.S. That is without a doubt a combo you would need to special order.

Ofcourse Saddle is on hold for who knows how long so dont plan on ordering that combo anytime soon.

prices are very negotiable from dealers right now especially high volume ones near big cities. To give you an idea I ordered my overland for exactly $5,000 below MSRP. The specs for my order are in my sig below.

James

jonesark 01-28-2011 07:29 PM

I got white...which I like the best. But if you are ruling out white, I'd go with mineral gray.