Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Dual Pane sunroof and sunshade questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/dual-pane-sunroof-and-sunshade-questions-18016.html)

rich mac 01-27-2011 04:20 AM

Dual Pane sunroof and sunshade questions

Anyone have any trouble with the dual pane sunroof in the Overland (leakage, tracking, wind noise, etc)?
Is the sunshade opaque when closed, keeping all sun out? Is it easy to open and close?

thanks,
rich mac
:confused:

IndyBob 01-27-2011 04:46 AM

Re: Dual Pane sunroof and sunshade questions

I have not had any problems with mine. There were one or two on here that had water problems but I think those problems have been corrected not. As for the sun shade you just push a button. It's powered. And yes, when closed it blocks out all light.

Blackwolf 01-27-2011 08:33 AM

No issues here, as stated above, the shade is fabric but must be backed because it does block all light. The push button control is nice. I would not trade the pano sunroof for anything. My kids love having the window above them too. Oh and it can be closed automatically at the half way point or manuall with a second buton press at any point so if kids are watching a movie or playing a game you can limit the glare for them while still enjoying the sun yourself

rsmith652 01-27-2011 09:26 AM

No problems here. I leave the shade back and have been on a few long trips and haven't notice any noise. I love it.

tkln 01-27-2011 09:29 AM

Ditto here...I've never been a fan of sunroofs but I love this thing...

mrpositraction 01-27-2011 09:45 AM

Ditto,

zero problems to report so far. I love it. Did some scenic driving the other day and the passengers loved it since we were at the base of some steep tall foot hills, the could look up through the roof. I love it because I like the sun, my son likes it because he can see the sky, trees, and much more to look at than the sides.

I have a slite rattle that I am chasing when it is cold, could be this roof but haven't pin pointed it yet.

Cperez 01-27-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 342789)
Ditto here...I've never been a fan of sunroofs but I love this thing...

Same here, to the point that my wife laughed when I said I wanted it because I rarely open them. But I love the natural light that floods in through the pano glass especially in the colder months. I'll probably button it up with the shade once the hot summer arrives but expect to use it a lot in the spring and fall.

Have had zero problems with it.

gsingh55 01-27-2011 02:13 PM

Zero Problems/
Love the natural light and more open feel.

Nbtstatic 01-27-2011 02:18 PM

No problems with mine either, love it!

Before the summer comes, I may go get a very light tint applied. Something with decent heat/uv rejection but won't darken it up too much more than it is stock. This will let me keep it open more in the hot months.

NB