Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Factory Remote Start add on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/factory-remote-start-add-on-18060.html)

n4exw 01-28-2011 10:35 AM

Factory Remote Start add on

Does any one know where any factory remote starts are mopar going to be MAY before my dealer get them. Winter will be over before I try it out. I work this in my deal when I bought the Jeep. I dont want after market just for the problems it would cause trying to get it all work together. Keyless starting system. There are waiting on antenna's. Just see if any one else is having this problem. Thanks

bpmcgee 01-28-2011 10:41 AM

Re: Factory Remote Start add on

I'm not sure what you're asking -- did you work out a deal with your dealer to ADD factory remote starting to your WK2?

n4exw 01-28-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 343507)
I'm not sure what you're asking -- did you work out a deal with your dealer to ADD factory remote starting to your WK2?

Yes I work it in the deal. Just seeing if any one else is having trouble getting there hands on the factory remote starters

mhassler 01-28-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n4exw (Post 343511)
Yes I work it in the deal. Just seeing if any one else is having trouble getting there hands on the factory remote starters

So, you purchased (or are about to purchase) a 2011 JGC without remote start. The dealer is going to install the factory remote start system. Is that correct?

If you check out Mopar/Jeeps website for factory replacement parts you will find all of the factory parts, whether Laredo or Overland. Find the remots start system and see if it is in stock. If in stock it will also tell you the price.

bpmcgee 01-28-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n4exw (Post 343511)

Wow, I'm pretty sure no one else here has done that!

In general, though, the parts supply chain is still pretty empty. MANY of the OEM parts have not yet reached the parts counters, with no ETA.

n4exw 01-28-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 343523)
So, you purchased (or are about to purchase) a 2011 JGC without remote start. The dealer is going to install the factory remote start system. Is that correct?

If you check out Mopar/Jeeps website for factory replacement parts you will find all of the factory parts, whether Laredo or Overland. Find the remots start system and see if it is in stock. If in stock it will also tell you the price.

Yea all ready have the jeep wk2 about 1m 1/2. I will check mopar parts

zapp 01-28-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n4exw (Post 343556)

I bought a JK back in 2009, made the deal to have the dealer install factory remote start. Took them 3 months, but when it was done, it was very nice. Hard to make them move when they already have your money.

n4exw 02-07-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n4exw (Post 343556)

Looks like it going to be May 3 before they ship it out because of antennas are not instock on backorder. Just my luck