Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Man, did I look stupid! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/man-did-i-look-stupid-18073.html)

rdalcanto 01-28-2011 09:25 PM

Man, did I look stupid!

I went to PepBoys to get supplies for my first oil change on my WK2. I was carrying a box with all the oil and filter in it to the counter, when all of a sudden, the alarm goes off on my Jeep. I put the stuff on the counter and run outside thinking someone was hurting my baby! Nobody around, and I can't turn the alarm off! I hit the unlock button, the lock botton, open the door, start the engine with the push button, start the engine with the fob - NO DICE!! I close the door, lock the car, and go back inside with the alarm still blaring. I look at the guy who works there, and tell him with a stunned look on my face that I can't turn the alarm off. He asks me for my key, and says I had hit the panic button. He pushes the panic button and the alarm turns off! Obviously, the button was pressed by the box hitting my jacket. I just can't believe I couldn't turn it off any other way. Well, I learned something new, and thought I would pass it on so nobody else has to suffer my humiliation.... :o

flyin_dutchman 01-28-2011 09:34 PM

Re: Man, did I look stupid!

First off.....wow.....an admission like that deserves props.....albeit stupid......but I still give you props!
Secondly, that air chair move in your avatar is SIC. More props. Try it with a kite someday? Might be a blast!! LMAO
Dave

xmonger 01-28-2011 09:38 PM

Panic button put you in a panic. :D

First oil change already?

rdalcanto 01-28-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmonger (Post 343800)
Panic button put you in a panic. :D

First oil change already?

I'm a "get the shavings out" kind of guy. Maybe a waste, but for less than $40, I'm going to show my new engine some love. Will pass 800 miles this weekend.

SolarWar 01-28-2011 10:09 PM

I've pushed the panic button on purpose and not known how to turn it off found out and wont be pushing the panic button anytime soon

Lessons learned like this are not soon forgotten :-)

Sent from my DROIDX

BJB 01-28-2011 10:10 PM

Haha... That's funny. Been there, done that!!

Cherodude 01-28-2011 10:23 PM

That's why I open the key fob and shave off the rubber nib that triggers the panic button. I don't need it!

Cperez 01-28-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 343798)
Well, I learned something new, and thought I would pass it on so nobody else has to suffer my humiliation.... :o

Good man, rdalcanto. You gotta admit it's funny! I'm picturing the MannyMoe&Jack guy asking you for the fob...priceless.

xmonger 01-28-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdalcanto (Post 343810)
I'm a "get the shavings out" kind of guy. Maybe a waste, but for less than $40, I'm going to show my new engine some love. Will pass 800 miles this weekend.

I know the affliction. :D

I just didn't think you had that many miles yet. :cool:

WJDave 01-29-2011 03:44 AM

I did that with my old Super Duty one day. Worst part was I had the train horn turned on. Now that gets peoples attention!

moosehead 01-29-2011 10:37 AM

+ rep for admitting it

the1jake 01-29-2011 10:41 AM

You let the guys at Pep Boys touch your new vehicle? Where's the -1 button! :huh:

nah, j/k