Review of 2011 JGC 5.7L 2WD
I owned a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It turned out that model year had a lot of problems. I never thought I'd own another Jeep. The 2011 model really got my attention. Here is my opinion since buying the 2011 JGC X.
Quiet at highway speeds and very comfortable.
Awesome power with the 5.7L Hemi.
Nice interior with intuitive controls.
1) I've noticed the stutter problem with my 2WD. Based on this forum, this seems to be most noticeable with the 4WD models. Hope I'm not the exception.
2) The radio (430N) display should auto-dim when the headlights come on. I've seen the thread that suggests turning down the dash lights one click and that will fix it but that seems a little lame. But it's a fix.
3) The sound system, to be a 9 speaker configuration, is average at best. Really, a 9 speaker amped system with only adjustments for treble, mids, and bass? There needs to be more separation.
4) The lock buttons on both the driver and passenger handles should work without the key FOB in proximity. I've unloaded packages with my FOB inside my house and wanted to lock the doors by simply pushing the external button to no avail. Lock should work at any time.
5) I really miss the external key pad found on most Ford vehicles (which will lock the doors without a FOB in proximity). Does Ford have a patent on this? It would definitely eliminate the lock-out issues people have complained about in this forum.
6) The backup camera has very poor resolution in sunshine. Other vehicles I test drove didn't demonstrate this problem.
Overall, I'm happy with this vehicle. Maybe Chrysler can fix/address the issues above and I hope the stutter problem doesn't become more of a problem.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community