Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Cold Feet / Noisy Fan (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/cold-feet-noisy-fan-18138.html)

Jeep0ne 01-29-2011 09:25 PM

Cold Feet / Noisy Fan

Ok, I'm new at this so be kind??? Took delivery of two wk2 2011 Overlands, one for co-worker black w/ saddle interior and one for me blackberry w/ saddle on Christmas eve.

Totally awesome rides, so much nicer than my 08 GC Overland.:D

Problem! :eek: Both vehicles,the HVAC: first my feet are freezing.... can't get any heat to the floor unless you go to floor mode and have the temp and the fan cranked way up...

Next, the fan in Auto is always at 50% or more, I miss the low auto mode of the 08 model.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there any solutions???

JoeSchmoe007 01-30-2011 09:38 AM

Re: Cold Feet / Noisy Fan

I never had WK. I now have Wk2 (Laredo X) and do not experience what you are describing at all. In Auto heat comes from the floor vents and from console vents closest to the door. Fan gets quieter after cabin warms up.

2011RitterGC 01-30-2011 09:52 AM

I am not seeing that on my Overland.

moosehead 01-30-2011 10:28 AM

When it's subzero, seems like most effective setup is floor and defroster, plus heated steering wheel. Once cabin warms, then swith back to auto. We generally do this in all our winter vehicles to help keep fans below max.

darkrt 01-30-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep0ne (Post 344244)
Ok, I'm new at this so be kind??? Took delivery of two wk2 2011 Overlands, one for co-worker black w/ saddle interior and one for me blackberry w/ saddle on Christmas eve.

Totally awesome rides, so much nicer than my 08 GC Overland.:D

Problem! :eek: Both vehicles,the HVAC: first my feet are freezing.... can't get any heat to the floor unless you go to floor mode and have the temp and the fan cranked way up...

Next, the fan in Auto is always at 50% or more, I miss the low auto mode of the 08 model.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there any solutions???

I concur on the cold feet issue

justin1569 01-30-2011 01:58 PM

I agree on the cold feet issue as well. On the face/feet setting my feet are freezing. When I put it on feet mode only it works well and my feet warm up nicely. My '06 Overland was better then my new one in terms of warming my feet in the face/feet setting.

Lingohocken 01-30-2011 03:20 PM

On an earlier vehicle we faced the same problem with cold feet. It was easily resolved by throttling the upper vents about 75%, which pushed a higher proportion of hot air onto the foot outlets, which of course weren't throttled. Worked great.

Red G8R 01-30-2011 04:19 PM

I don't notice either and I only use Auto mode. But I do use my block heater if the overnight temp is below -10 C. This really speeds up the heating process. Tonight it's expected to be a low of -20 C here.

mww50 01-30-2011 07:27 PM

turn off your rear seat vents

rdalcanto 02-01-2011 07:39 PM

I always use Auto. When I get in, I'm pleasantly surprised by how fast the engine get warm and starts putting out heat. Plenty of heat to my feet, and as the car warms up, the fan slows down automatically to a nice low level, even when it is 25 degrees outside. Sounds like something is not right on yours.

BimmerAgent 02-01-2011 08:18 PM

Just had our blower motor replaced due to whiney noise, and they said something about adjusting the blend door motor. Don't know if the tech really knows what he's talking about, but we are now getting much better airflow. Bruce