Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Other Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/)
-   -   Porsche Cajun crossover (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/porsche-cajun-crossover-18150.html)

Scottina06 01-30-2011 11:26 AM

Porsche Cajun crossover

So...my wife just got a HUGE promotion to VP of the region and is driving about 100 miles per day until her new office is finished being built(sometime in July) But then she will still be driving about 35-40 miles per day. I had made a preliminary deal to trade her Lexus for a 2011 Overland that a local dealer has on order. That is now out of the question with this current commute and future commute. She had really fallen in love with the Cayenne when I was shopping for one last year. She also loves the Panamera. Both are a little more vehicle than she wants..after a close look. In motortrend thye list a new crossover from Porsche...the Cajun. I have to admit...its a pretty slick little ridea nd would be perfect for a young, up and coming executive. Only problem.....production starts in spring 2013......LOL See below---

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...6WK/cajun1.jpg
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...6WK/cajun2.jpg

The first all-new model to come from the new leadership is known as Cajun, short for Cayenne junior. Every bit as spicy as its bigger brother, the crossover is scheduled to go into production in spring 2013. The sporty crossover is based on the Audi Q5. Audi would reportedly prefer that Porsche concentrate on a more dynamic two-door hatchback version, but Porsche claims that it needs the volume generated by the four-door model.

While the old Porsche regime under Wendelin Wiedeking feared that a smaller SUV would cannibalize the profitable Cayenne, Muller & Co. view the car as a potential cash cow, and they project volume as high as 50,000 units a year. According to the still-provisional launch plan, we shall first see the four-door (referred to as a four-door coupe, a la BMW X6 and Acura ZDX) and then in late 2014 a two-door version based on a shortened platform.

The Cajun will be dimensionally similar to the Q5, albeit slightly lower, shorter, and wider. What really differentiates the vehicle's stance are the wider nineteen- and twenty-inch wheels. All exterior and interior panels will be styled from scratch, but the windshield angle, the firewall, and the roof pillars have to remain as they are. To ensure a sports car-like driving position, the Cajun receives its own seats, a less steeply raked steering column, and the dashboard of the upcoming Boxster, complete with Porsche's traditional offset ignition lock. The substantial center stack rises at an angle, Panamera-style. Although the base model is a four-seater, seating for five will be available as an option.

Along with the body structure of the Q5, the Porsche Cajun will carry over the Audi's chassis, steering, axles, and Quattro drivetrain. Power will come from a 3.0-liter V-6, pumped up to about 290 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. There's a good chance that the Americans will receive the turbo-diesel V-6, too.

In addition, there is a Cajun Turbo S in the works. It features Porsche's own twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 rated at 350 hp. Porsche-specific tweaks include the Sport Chrono pack with launch control, stronger brakes with optional carbon-ceramic discs, wheels and tires, and a complete exhaust system including a switchable free-flow sport muffler.

In an ideal world, the crossover would be built in Ingolstadt alongside the Q5. But since the Bavarian plant is already running at 105 percent capacity, alternatives like Hannover (which builds VW light trucks and the Panamera) and Leipzig (home of the Cayenne) are still under discussion. Pricing is expected to exceed the upcoming face-lifted Q5 by about 15 percent.

Scottina06 01-30-2011 11:27 AM

Re: Porsche Cajun crossover

it will be a four door by the way

mjl2610 01-30-2011 12:04 PM

So because of your wife's commute you are deciding against a new Jeep? If she is receiving a nice promo I don't see why the commute would be an issue? Id assume either vehicles would be quite comfortable on the expressway.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Porsche is pretty sweet looking and it would be awesome to have. In lieu of this news I would think your wife will be getting what she wants eh?

Scottina06 01-30-2011 12:27 PM

my wife is different from me.....she's a little more of a GREEN person than me. Her current Lexus gets 30+ mpg's. Theres not a Jeep on the road that gets 30+ mpg's. Its not a money thing for her....

mjl2610 01-30-2011 12:34 PM

Ah i did not know that the Lexus was that efficient. Well this way, while she is commuting the 100 miles per day or whatever she will still have the Lexus. Allow you to buy time especially on more information about this new Porsche. Or you could always revisit the Cayenne :thumbsup:I don't think the Cayenne is much different in efficiency as compared to the Jeep though.

NevilleF 01-09-2012 01:13 AM

The wait is finally over! The 2013 Porsche Cajun will be soon coming to the US! The German automaker Porsche has finally confirmed the rumors about their new Porsche models. Porsche answered a ton of conjecture Thursday when it declared the United States release of two designs. The German automaker will reveal the Cajun little SUV stateside in 2013. A diesel version of the Cayenne, already on the roads in Europe, will reach our shores in 2012.Article source: Porsche Cajun and Cayenne diesel coming to States. Everybody, I guess, will be excited to have this car, especially those who are a Porsche enthusiast. I'm sure other automakers will be threatened by this small SUV.

*BabyGirlJJ* 01-09-2012 07:25 AM

Scott - congrats to the wifey on her HUGE promotion!!! :thumbsup:

Even though the Porsche is no Jeep ;) I think that should and will suit her perfectly!!! You are correct when you say this is a good vehicle for an up and coming young exec!!!!

Scottina06 01-09-2012 06:54 PM

this is a little old...she;s now decided she wants a Panamera.....LOL. She's dreaming just a tad....

05wkguy 03-07-2012 12:58 PM

Sooooo she likes things with big ugly butts. What does that say about you, Scott?

Amelie 03-12-2012 01:51 AM

That Porsche looks sweet! If I may ask, what company is your wife a VP of her region for?

2005JGC 03-12-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 588623)
Sooooo she likes things with big ugly butts. What does that say about you, Scott?

YES! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amelie (Post 591798)
That Porsche looks sweet! If I may ask, what company is your wife a VP of her region for?

I am sure he can tell you.... but he will have to kill you.

On another note, I drove a cayenne that was a trade in, ultimately I wasnt able to open it up for as long as I wanted to (DAMN YOU TRAFFIC) but I was overall unimpressed. It was no monster, and it drove kinda weird (maybe it drove like a 80k dollar car and i am used to driving and working on 30k dollar cars, i dunno). I really dont like the ignition on the left side of the steering wheel, and if I remember correctly I got the feeling that they were trying to make the dash feel not cluttered and overly complicated but i coulnt figure out how to do a DAMN thing.

That said, I do like the panamera in real life, pictures have never done it justice, but every time i see one on the road... They are a sight to be seen!

Amelie 03-12-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 591804)
I am sure he can tell you.... but he will have to kill you.

I guess I should check myself before I wreck myself :lol: