Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/any-pictures-of-summit-from-philly-and-dc-auto-shows-18158.html)

mrtracey 01-30-2011 01:25 PM

Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
As Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia hold their respective auto shows this week-end, I am curious if any members of the forum were able to nab a few photos of the Summit? That is, of course, if the Summit is even at these 2 auto shows.

JTS97Z28 01-30-2011 04:43 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Im curious as well. I would love to see some picture of the Overlands if people have them.

Also, if no one has anything I already have my tickets for the Chicago Autoshow which starts on the 11th. Its the worlds largest autoshow so its always good show. I will certainly be taking pictures from that and posting.

James

Cperez 01-30-2011 05:12 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Sorry guys, I was going to try to make it this weekend but got overcome by events and other running around. It goes through this coming weekend so I still may be able to get down there. I'll call around to some local dealers first to see if there will be any Summits on display that I can glom all over.

SMG1 01-30-2011 11:45 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
The Summit and 70th Anniversary edition GCs are there. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home when we went on Friday.

mrtracey 01-31-2011 02:51 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SMG1 (Post 344893)
The Summit and 70th Anniversary edition GCs are there. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home when we went on Friday.

Very cool!!! Wish I was in the DC area.

Is the chrome on the Summit sweet-looking or is it too gawdy? Also, what did you think of the interior (the Saddle and black wood trim)?

Thanks.

Trace

Salmon 01-31-2011 03:18 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
this only))))
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/gallery?...27671&photo=16

Sid Fields 02-01-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
10 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtracey (Post 344480)
As Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia hold their respective auto shows this week-end, I am curious if any members of the forum were able to nab a few photos of the Summit? That is, of course, if the Summit is even at these 2 auto shows.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Auto Show advertised anywhere this year until I read your post. I ran down today. The 70th edition didn't seem to be attracting any attention, maybe it was the Bronze color. For the period of time I was there the folks were all over the Summit, definitely a crowd pleaser.

JTS97Z28 02-01-2011 10:37 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Sweet thanks for the pics. I cant wait for the chicago auto show in a week and a half. That Summit looks nice I kinda like those polished wheels!!

James

scittb 02-01-2011 10:47 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
So glad I ordered the summit in gray. I actually bought it sight unseen, never even able to find a gray one to look at in my area when ordering...

mrtracey 02-01-2011 10:53 PM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Fields (Post 346411)
Thanks for the info. I didn't see the Auto Show advertised anywhere this year until I read your post. I ran down today. The 70th edition didn't seem to be attracting any attention, maybe it was the Bronze color. For the period of time I was there the folks were all over the Summit, definitely a crowd pleaser.

Thanks for the pics. Glad you were able to make it to the show.

I now have mixed thoughts of the Summit from seeing these pics. I actually like the interior better from seeing your pics than from the official Jeep pics; however, the outside, IMO, might have too much chrome and looks garish. I will definitely have to see it in person.

JTS97Z28 02-02-2011 12:43 AM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scittb (Post 346433)
So glad I ordered the summit in gray. I actually bought it sight unseen, never even able to find a gray one to look at in my area when ordering...

Yeah you made a good choice. Ordering site unseen isnt all too uncommon though. I placed my order for my Dark Charcoal with Saddle interior without ever seeing that combo together. I think its going to be a great combo, but for some reason it seems pretty rare. No posts of it on the forums, I only saw one in the country for sale but the pics were horrible. Wellp, hope I like it because its mine when it shows up lol.

Sid Fields 02-02-2011 10:11 AM

Re: Any pictures of Summit from Philly and DC Auto Shows?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtracey (Post 346437)
I now have mixed thoughts of the Summit from seeing these pics. I actually like the interior better from seeing your pics than from the official Jeep pics; however, the outside, IMO, might have too much chrome and looks garish. I will definitely have to see it in person.


I know what you mean. Looking at the front of the car makes me think of when I was a kid and had a mouthful of braces!
On the other hand the interior with the olive wood and saddle dash is much nicer than the standard saddle interior. Just my opinion.
My wife is more practical. She thinks that you are sitting in the car 99% of the time and looking at the front end only rarely. That 1% can be painful however. I remain undecided.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community