Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2006 rusting jeep!

10K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  mitchelm 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a late 2006 overland. The rear bootlid under the glass is starting to 'bubble' and rust. It also has rust spots appearing on the bottom edge and a blister near the rear number plate! as it is only 4 1/2 years old I have taken it to the local dealer, they have photographed it and a warranty claim is going in. I have been told by the dealer not to expect Jeep to sort it out but they will give the claim a go.

Has anybody else had any similar problem with the rear of their truck and if so did it Jeep fix it under warranty?

Thankyou.

#27 · (Edited)
Hi Andy

I copied this information from Jeep website

Q. What corrosion warranty does my vehicle have?
A. Corrosion warranty covers any outer-body metal panel that gets holes from rust or other corrosion. The warranty has time and distance limits as follows;

• For sheet metal panels, the limit is 2 years with unlimited distance.
  • For an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finished-painted and that can be seen when walking around the vehicle, the time limit is 7 years with unlimited distance.
  • The warranty does not cover cosmetic or surface corrosion resulting for example from stone chips, scratches or bird lime in the paint.
I think they are being unreasonable and giving very poor customer service.

I'm still waiting for the parts to be delivered that I ordered from Marshall Jeep Peterborough last week.
Turns out the couriers damaged the first parcel and couldn't find us when delivering the second.

Russ

#28 ·
Russ

When i e-mailed them (jeep customer service) last week i copied that into it. I have sent them another requesting a detailed report of why they have turned it down and their definitions of cosmetic corrosion and perforation. They say they will get back to me early next week, needless to say i wont hold my breath. Ialso sent them my photographs as i dont trust the dealer to have taken decent ones.

Cheers Andy

#31 ·
I dont have the rear glass issues you guys do. but I actually have corrosion on my hood, and not from road any chips in paint. There are chips in my paint, but not where the corrosion is. Dealer told me the hood is aluminum and therefore is not rust, but corrosion. Does not think this will be covered under warranty? I will get pics up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.