Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What are your thoughts on the interior? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-are-your-thoughts-on-the-interior-18257.html)

bosca418 02-01-2011 04:11 AM

What are your thoughts on the interior?

So my wife likes the black interior, but I'm on the fence with black or saddle. Now that the restriction will be lifted on Feb. 10 I was thinking of changing my order. What do you guys think?

UNCjeepWK2 02-01-2011 07:12 AM

Re: What are your thoughts on the interior?

Definitely saddle... but I think mineral gray/saddle is the better combo. Silver screams 'rent me,' I think...

mjw930 02-01-2011 07:37 AM

I was all set on the Mineral / Saddle combo but after seeing a mineral / black combo that's what I ordered. Although the saddle is very nice I think the black with the wood accents and the gray piping is a classic look, one that I won't grow tired of after the newness wears off.

Not to upset anyone that likes silver but it does scream "rental car" ;) My order of preference, if I didn't order and had to shop off the lot was Mineral, Black, White, Charcoal, Red then Silver.

psychrunner 02-01-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 345697)
Definitely saddle... but I think mineral gray/saddle is the better combo. Silver screams 'rent me,' I think...

I too went with the mineral gray/black interior. Was on the fence between it and saddle. Then the sales guy tried to convince me that beige was the way to go (this ths was a couple weeks ago, and I think he had a heads up on saddle not being available). I went with the beige initially, but chnged to black after seeing it at another dealers lot. I think I'll be glad I did, especially since that was my wife's first choice.

CortC 02-01-2011 09:37 AM

Saddle... Most of my previous cars had black interiors, the Saddle is changed this trend, very nice...

mhassler 02-01-2011 09:49 AM

My opinion... I do not think the saddle would look so great with Bright Silver, paired with Mineral Gray I think it looks sharp. And, I think it is too drastic with a Black exterior.

If I was set on Bright Silver, I'd go with the black.

300awd 02-01-2011 10:48 AM

I ordered a Overland with silver ext black int, hemi , OR package,730n rhr,chrome package 14 jan. I have had three black cars in a row. I guess i needed a new color. Let the wait begin...

Repo503 02-01-2011 11:44 AM

I think silver exterior kind of hides a lot of a cars features. I like a car that blends in a bit but not so much that I can't find it at the airport.

If it was between black and saddle I would go black. I hate the hue of the saddle leather, I just think its an ugly color. I like the darker browns in some other cars (like tobacco leather in BMWs) but this brown is too orange.

dckcentuar 02-01-2011 12:59 PM

I got the Mineral Grey with Black and like better then the saddle . I too think its a bit on more the orange side instead of a light brown .

erickpbl 02-01-2011 08:16 PM

I sure like my silver "rent" color... lol

Red G8R 02-02-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo503 (Post 345846)
I think silver exterior kind of hides a lot of a cars features. I like a car that blends in a bit but not so much that I can't find it at the airport.

If it was between black and saddle I would go black. I hate the hue of the saddle leather, I just think its an ugly color. I like the darker browns in some other cars (like tobacco leather in BMWs) but this brown is too orange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dckcentuar (Post 345916)
I got the Mineral Grey with Black and like better then the saddle . I too think its a bit on more the orange side instead of a light brown .

And I thought I was the only one here that thinks the saddle looks bad/cheap. I too prefer the darker browns. The saddle/black combo just doesn't look right IMHO.

bluetrude 02-03-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 346570)
And I thought I was the only one here that thinks the saddle looks bad/cheap. I too prefer the darker browns. The saddle/black combo just doesn't look right IMHO.

I'm going to order Dark Charcoal exterior and frost interior. Black interior would be too dark. I generally like the browns but I agree that the saddle is on the orange side of things. Would be great to have something between frost and saddle. Oh well. Decisions, decisions.