Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Dealer Service Reminders (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/dealer-service-reminders-18265.html)

TheNotoriousROB 02-01-2011 10:48 AM

Dealer Service Reminders

Anyone else getting the annoying calls and mailings regarding service intervals? I finally blocked my dealer's phone number because they kept calling me about a one month service oil change. Then, recently, I get a letter in the mail requesting my immediate attention - of course I'm thinking a recall or mandatory service required. I open it up and it's telling me I'm due for my 3,000 mile service, and to keep in mind I can void warranties if I'm not servicing at authorized Jeep dealers.

I know they make their money on service, but come on, this is annoying.

mjw930 02-01-2011 02:06 PM

Re: Dealer Service Reminders

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNotoriousROB (Post 345807)
Anyone else getting the annoying calls and mailings regarding service intervals? I finally blocked my dealer's phone number because they kept calling me about a one month service oil change. Then, recently, I get a letter in the mail requesting my immediate attention - of course I'm thinking a recall or mandatory service required. I open it up and it's telling me I'm due for my 3,000 mile service, and to keep in mind I can void warranties if I'm not servicing at authorized Jeep dealers.

I know they make their money on service, but come on, this is annoying.

Hmm, I don't see anything in the manual about 3000 mile service and they need to get a copy of the current laws of the land regarding warranty service.

I HATE dealerships like this because the average person will take them on their word and literally throw money down the toilet.

StoneCold 02-01-2011 02:17 PM

Yes! I've had six calls in the last two weeks:mad: and my Jeep is ten years old! I get reminders about my XJ too. Don't get me wrong, a friendly reminder is good customer service, but six?! That's just annoying.

jth_9 02-01-2011 02:20 PM

Yeah Im getting reminders in the mail/email but not by phone thank god.... funny thing is I took my SRT8 in and used the coupon that was for $19.95 and I knew they'd charge extra for it needing Mobil 1 and what not so I was like ok.. I'll take it in and see what it'll come to and I have a set of black lugs installed too.. well needless to say I spent $130 for all that and that was with 5% off :lol: I was pretty pissed!

WK2OverlandII 02-01-2011 03:31 PM

I get emails about service specials but nothing about required maintenance. I also received a free oil and filter change specifically for my JGC as long as it completed by the 6th month from the delivery date as it expires then. I have a really good service department never had any issues and they don't harass me.