Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Snow Mode in Sleet is AWESOME! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/snow-mode-in-sleet-is-awesome-18284.html)

JEEF 02-01-2011 03:34 PM

Snow Mode in Sleet is AWESOME!

Just drove 5hrs in the sleet and wanted to give some quick props to the WK2 and Snow Mode.

I had a chance to play with the different modes and Snow Mode on ice is impressive. I tried to lose control a few times and couldn't do it. I also needed to make a quick U turn so I put it in Sport Mode and just whipped it around with ease. Bring on the Snow!!

mrpositraction 02-01-2011 07:27 PM

Re: Snow Mode in Sleet is AWESOME!

I have had many 4x4's and this Jeep with its 4 wheel drive system and snow mode has been amazing today. Simply cannot be stopped!

jonesark 02-01-2011 10:20 PM

We have some icy roads here in Dallas right now...I was extremely impressed with the jeep. Their is this super steep hill on my road that as I approached it today several people were stopped on the hill, backing back down the hill or straight up sliding backwards....the Jeep had no problem, right up we went! I still have a smile on my face!

Turbozcs2003 02-02-2011 10:30 AM

What does snow mode do, make the transfer case split the tourque front/rear 50/50?

My wifes CRv is a POS in the snow, the thing has all the touque to the front until the wheels start slipping badly, then some tourque goes to the rear after it fishtails etc in the snow. It does not track straight.

On my 02 WJ with selec trac in 4 hi it goes nice and if need I can lock it in 4PT. It tracks nice and straight in the snow. I am not a fan of these on demand 4wd systems. My freind runs a body shop and the #1 smashed up car he fixes(if he can) are friggen Subarus. As he says from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip and into the ditch.

mjw930 02-02-2011 10:49 AM

Yes, it is a 50/50 split and I think it starts out in 2nd gear but that's not confirmed.

Megatron 02-02-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesark (Post 346408)
We have some icy roads here in Dallas right now...I was extremely impressed with the jeep. Their is this super steep hill on my road that as I approached it today several people were stopped on the hill, backing back down the hill or straight up sliding backwards....the Jeep had no problem, right up we went! I still have a smile on my face!

Reminds me of this

dubwarren 02-02-2011 11:38 AM

bad ass commercial paul. love that.

Turbozcs2003 02-02-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 346621)
Yes, it is a 50/50 split and I think it starts out in 2nd gear but that's not confirmed.

So it goes from an on demand to 50/50 constant, emulates Sec trac :)

Nickoland 02-02-2011 11:48 AM

I think it actually starts lower than 2nd gear. Put in snow mode, stop, then press the gas and quickly quick shift to the right to show the gear you are in on the EVIC. Mine always shows "4".

BOYCHIKS 02-02-2011 12:01 PM

Id love to take a Wk2 out in the 12"+ snow!!!

brad800 02-02-2011 12:53 PM

Can't wait, but there will be a slim chance of snow on the ground when my jeep arrives :(

JEEF 02-02-2011 02:16 PM

Quadra Lift is Awesome too!! I was out late and there were snow drifts and snow plow hills. I didn't need the extra clearance but my forward collison warning went off as I plowed through a hill, so I lifted to Off Road I and it didn't happen again. Plus it was cool to have the extra clearance. I'm really having fun in the snow!:D