Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Keyless entry buttons (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/keyless-entry-buttons-18311.html)

jeepin4ever 02-02-2011 10:35 AM

Keyless entry buttons

Has anyone else have the button on the liftgate for the keyless entry stop working? Mine works intermittently now. The car is only a 2 months old and whenever it gets wet it stops working. I brought it to one dealer after the first episode, it became dry and started working again, so they said theere was nothing wrong. Not that it's wet, it's stopped. I was hoping Jeep had improved their quality since the last WK, however, i'm beginning to wonder.

Any suggestions?

mjw930 02-02-2011 10:50 AM

Re: Keyless entry buttons

Confirm that you can make it stop working by getting it wet then take it back to the dealer and ask for a hose ;)

JDM12 02-02-2011 10:57 AM

one faulty switch has you questioning your entire vehicle quality :p i must be really easy to please. Kidding of course but I would look at the wiring first or just hound the dealer to do it as suggested.

enjoylife 02-02-2011 12:52 PM

If you are talking about the chrome button on the rear liftgate mine has stoped working also , actually about 1 month into owning the truck. I did bring it to the dealer and they said they ordered the modual under the seat and will try that first (the modual is for the keylless entry and will have to reprogram all the keys) also they said if that don't work they will replace the whole assembly in the back which includes the rear camera. Still have not brought the truck in. I'm thinking in about a month or so I will. Hopefully they will get another truck with the same problem so they don't have to trial and error it on my truck .Let me know what they say about yours when you bring it in.

jeepin4ever 02-02-2011 03:57 PM

Yes, it's the chrome button on the liftgate. It works intermittently, usually when it's wet it stops working. I'm going to try and bring it in next week.

2011RitterGC 02-02-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoylife (Post 346705)
If you are talking about the chrome button on the rear liftgate mine has stoped working also , actually about 1 month into owning the truck. I did bring it to the dealer and they said they ordered the modual under the seat and will try that first (the modual is for the keylless entry and will have to reprogram all the keys) also they said if that don't work they will replace the whole assembly in the back which includes the rear camera. Still have not brought the truck in. I'm thinking in about a month or so I will. Hopefully they will get another truck with the same problem so they don't have to trial and error it on my truck .Let me know what they say about yours when you bring it in.

Do the ones on the front doors work? If so its most likely not the keyless entry modual.

Dan828 02-02-2011 06:01 PM

The one on my driver's door sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes I have to hit it a couple of times to get the car to lock.

2011RitterGC 02-02-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan828 (Post 346934)
The one on my driver's door sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes I have to hit it a couple of times to get the car to lock.

One thing I have noticed on the door buttons, when you hit the buttom to lock make sure that you do not put your fingers around or through the handle (that unlocks the doors). The system does not know if you want to lock or unlock the doors.

jeepin4ever 02-02-2011 06:35 PM

Both front handles work perfectly. Just the back button.

enjoylife 02-02-2011 06:49 PM

Same for me just the back liftgate button dosent work the 2 front doors work flawless

2011RitterGC 02-02-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoylife (Post 346969)
Same for me just the back liftgate button dosent work the 2 front doors work flawless

I am thinking short circuit due to the water in you case.

wjs81866 02-02-2011 10:44 PM

my Laredo rear button stopped working all of the sudden, the doors work but sometimes not