Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   4 Wheel Low (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/4-wheel-low-18367.html)

simpslel 02-03-2011 03:48 PM

4 Wheel Low

Hey everybody I am a Long time viewer, first time poster . . . I have a 4.7 WK with the 4 wheel low switch to the right of the shifter knob. . . This switch is coated with chrome colored plastic, but now the plastic is peeling off. . . kind of an eye sore. . is there a way to replace, or repair that?

Thanks

TJcust 02-03-2011 04:05 PM

Re: 4 Wheel Low

I have the same problem with an my 08

White Chocolate 02-03-2011 04:39 PM

Peel the plastic chrome off, sand it, spray it with paint....done :)

mjw930 02-03-2011 08:09 PM

Ah you might want to try the WK forums.......

simpslel 02-03-2011 09:07 PM

My fault, didn't even realize that I posted in the wrong forum

simpslel 02-03-2011 09:08 PM

4 Wheel Low Switch

Hey everybody I am a Long time viewer, first time poster well i guess not anymore, I posted this earlier in the WK2's. . . I have a 4.7 WK with the 4 wheel low switch to the right of the shifter knob. . . This switch is coated with chrome colored plastic, but now the plastic is peeling off. . . kind of an eye sore. . is there a way to replace, or repair that?

Thanks

White Chocolate 02-03-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 347861)
Ah you might want to try the WK forums.......

Wow you are tonnes of help......

:thumbsup:

Anyways dude, you can buy that piece separately. I know of people who have just painted it.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-03-2011 09:29 PM

Re: 4 Wheel Low Switch

i have an extra one you can buy? i just dont know what they go for

mjw930 02-03-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 347906)
Wow you are tonnes of help......

Anyways dude, you can buy that piece separately. I know of people who have just painted it.

Sorry to offend your sensibilities but the forums are set up the way they are so things get posted in areas where people with similar interests will see them.

Posting it here is unlikely to get the quality and quantity of replies he could get if it were in the right area.

Oops, I see the mods moved it as I was typing......

White Chocolate 02-03-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 347915)
Sorry to offend your sensibilities but the forums are set up the way they are so things get posted in areas where people with similar interests will see them.

Posting it here is unlikely to get the quality and quantity of replies he could get if it were in the right area.

So??? Its not like it's a hard question to answer. Put some effort into it, thats all.

Frankie 02-03-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 347915)

Agreed! Dont mind Klutch!

jes_96 02-04-2011 12:48 PM

As far as posting in incorrect forums, we're all human. It's all good. Hell, I got lost going from the rec room to my kitchen last night; can hardly expect me to get the right forum every time. The mods here seem really great at keeping everyone pointed in the right direction. Thanks guys.