Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Please help, I'm confused/worried about the WK2 Overland Summit :( (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/please-help-im-confused-worried-about-the-wk2-overland-summit-18377.html)

(:JgCoSgIrL:) 02-03-2011 08:39 PM

Please help, I'm confused/worried about the WK2 Overland Summit :(

Hey there everyone, ok I will try and keep this as short as possible but please help. I see that a few people are talking about the "summit interior" is on "restriction"

First of all is this true?

Second question I see that the 730N (new nav/radio) is going to be installed (I guess you could call it) on 1 March.

Is this true?

Last thing. I ordered my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit edition on 26 Jan 11. But... the dealer had the exact Jeep I wanted on order since sometime in December, so I changed a few things to the way I wanted it, put $500 down and they put it in my name "sold to me" to push up the build, since the Jeep has been sold to me it gets pushed up instead of a "dealer build" Now my last question worry is this:

When am I going to be getting this thing? I was hoping Late April early May.

I'm a tad bit worried. My dealer hasn't contacted me about the Jeep being on restriction due to material or anything. Hopefully this thread will answer someone else's questions too, and I hope someone hasn't asked about this already.

JTS97Z28 02-03-2011 09:47 PM

Re: Please help, I'm confused/worried about the WK2 Overland Summit :(

Overland Summit interiors were never on restriction as far as I know. There is a hold on standard Overland's with Saddle interiors until the 10th of this month and it has been on hold for a while now.
Latest word is the Summit models are actually being produced now.

As for the 730N radio I do not know whats going to happen with that. Milous said those were not going to get produced until march 1 but he also said some may make it out before that.

James

(:JgCoSgIrL:) 02-04-2011 06:07 PM

Thank You James, that puts me more at ease. :)

I was worried that I was going to have to wait forever to get my Jeep :O

chuckbernard 02-04-2011 07:16 PM

It took me 4-5 months to finally get an Overland that had everything that I wanted. (Basically fully loaded).

I could have gone with the "order it" route but I didn't want to be stuck waiting for months for something that might not be what I ordered when it arrived.

I was checking dealer inventory on the entire West Coast every day for months. Finally one showed up "in transit" and I called the dealer. It was one that was pre-ordered by someone but they ended up wanting to back out and get the Saddle Interior instead. I personally wanted the black interior so I consider myself lucky.