Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Filthy Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/filthy-jeep-18437.html)

bozer 02-05-2011 10:41 AM

Filthy Jeep

The day i got my blackberry overland, it began snowing in NY. Since that day, well over a month ago now, it has been either snowing, or raining, or just slush everywhere. It's killing me. My poor Jeep is filthy and all I want is a car wash. I have no garage, so its pointless to go. Anyone else having this problem in the northeast?

computerwiz621 02-05-2011 10:42 AM

Re: Filthy Jeep

2nd that, from NJ. Can't wait to give it the 1st wash!

DAVY27 02-05-2011 10:44 AM

yep, its either rain or snow forecasted every 3 to 4 days. no point :(

Cperez 02-05-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozer (Post 348709)
The day i got my blackberry overland, it began snowing in NY. Since that day, well over a month ago now, it has been either snowing, or raining, or just slush everywhere. It's killing me. My poor Jeep is filthy and all I want is a car wash. I have no garage, so its pointless to go. Anyone else having this problem in the northeast?

Don't worry Bozer-- Jeeps are hogs at heart and they love the slop. They look great when filthy and they look great when detailed IMO...true 4-season vehicles. It's killing you, but your Jeep is shrugging it off in style!

That said, a self-serve powerwash rinse would be a good idea to remove a few layers of salt and corrosive crud. Even if it only stays clean for a short time it's probably not a bad idea to wash that stuff off after it cakes on. If it makes you feel any better, my Overland is garage-kept and it still stays pretty dirty these days. It's raining right now and I may just back her out into the driveway to get a little spritz of fresh rainwater. Spring will be here soon!

Lingohocken 02-05-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 348726)
Don't worry Bozer-- Jeeps are hogs at heart and they love the slop. They look great when filthy...

:thumbsup:

JTS97Z28 02-05-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Nope I dont have my Overland yet I ordered it accordingly so I receive it right when spring comes. That way I can enjoy my Jeep for a good 8 months or so without trashing a brand spankin new car in the salt and snow. I will let my current 114,000 mile Lexus deal with that stuff.
This Overland is the first car I have ever purchased brand new, i'll be damned if I gonna buy it in the dead of winter :D

Redcivic47 02-05-2011 11:27 AM

Searched for a hand wash in nj and there are two I've been to if you guys are skeptical like me about machine washes and paint problems. There is one in rahway and one in norh Brunswick. Both did a decent job since all I cared about was getting the salt off the paint.

Redcivic47 02-05-2011 11:27 AM

Edit: by hand I mean other peoples hands not a power washer and filthy brush.

Cperez 02-05-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 348751)
Edit: by hand I mean other peoples hands not a power washer and filthy brush.

Good point. I would not let one of those brushes get within 10' of my paint. The better powerwash systems do a surprisingly good job with zero use of anything but water pressure. The various settings are worth using-- presoak, suds, rinse, and the anti-sheeting soft rinse at the end. I have been leery of the wax settings but these others work well in that order.

Breitling65 02-05-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

I am in NJ and mine is dirty since day one and working hard these days, but this is why I got Jeep, this is main purpouse of leased car like this.
Car that need care and to be always clean sleeps in garage covered and charged. (G37 coupe).. :)

Megatron 02-05-2011 12:02 PM

A dirty jeep is a happy jeep. IMO of course

Chi-One 02-05-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 348743)
Nope I dont have my Overland yet I ordered it accordingly so I receive it right when spring comes. That way I can enjoy my Jeep for a good 8 months or so without trashing a brand spankin new car in the salt and snow. I will let my current 114,000 mile Lexus deal with that stuff.
This Overland is the first car I have ever purchased brand new, i'll be damned if I gonna buy it in the dead of winter :D

+2 to that!