Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Adaptive Cruise Package (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/adaptive-cruise-package-18442.html)

Bradmo8 02-05-2011 11:48 AM

Adaptive Cruise Package

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the adaptive cruise package. I ordered it on my Overland back in November. I got notice today that it has been built and is ready for transport (Thanks Milous!!!). When I pull up the window sticker, the adaptive cruise package is nowhere to be found. I guess what I am asking is if it is really worth starting the waiting game all over again. ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

Chaoul1 02-05-2011 11:49 AM

Re: Adaptive Cruise Package

Yes, you wanted to so you get it!

dogface_313 02-05-2011 12:35 PM

I would go for it if you want it. Seems like the dealer should have some compensation to make this right.

kaflyboy 02-05-2011 12:37 PM

might head to the dealership and give on a test drive that has the adaptive cruise. i test drove one with it and it was great. frankly, about 60% of why i ordered my summit was because of the adaptive cruise. i spend a lot of time on the interstate so not having to deal with the brake, gas, break, gas is a huge benfit to me.

JTS97Z28 02-05-2011 12:49 PM

Adaptive cruise/advanced warning package was a must have for me.

If I ordered a car all the way back in November and it arrived without something I ordered I would be fuming!!! I would get on the phone with them asap and see if you can come up with anything. Maybe its just missing from the window sticker possibly I dunno.

James

LiquidOxygen 02-05-2011 12:51 PM

Doesn't the ACC package also include the blind spot detection in the side mirrors and collision detection??? I would defiantly not accept my new Jeep if it wasn't exactly the way I ordered it!!! I would also request a rental or compensation from the dealer while I'm waiting. I love this feature on my overland. It's also really easy to see if your jeep has it. Rather than looking at the sticker look at the front of the jeep and see if it has the module directly in the center of the lower grill. If it's there you can't miss it.

JTS97Z28 02-05-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidOxygen (Post 348809)
Doesn't the ACC package also include the blind spot detection in the side mirrors and collision detection??? I would defiantly not accept my new Jeep if it wasn't exactly the way I ordered it!!! I would also request a rental or compensation from the dealer while I'm waiting

yes its ACC package includes all of that.

CaptPat 02-05-2011 01:19 PM

I'd have to say I was originally a bit dubious of the value of the ACC package-now that I have it I wouldn't order another without it.

OneCent 02-05-2011 02:30 PM

as long as the system don't work like the volvo city safety, i don't care about ACC and Blind Spot.

IndyBob 02-05-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradmo8 (Post 348768)
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the adaptive cruise package. I ordered it on my Overland back in November. I got notice today that it has been built and is ready for transport (Thanks Milous!!!). When I pull up the window sticker, the adaptive cruise package is nowhere to be found. I guess what I am asking is if it is really worth starting the waiting game all over again. ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!

I wouldn't give mine up. It's great. Have you checked with your dealer yet? I have heard before that sometimes the window stickers you see on the dealer site may not be correct.

It would be a bummer if in fact the dealer messed up when he entered the order.

Mashie 02-05-2011 06:06 PM

I couldnt agree more, ACC is one of the best add on packages I have used in a long long time.

Cperez 02-05-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashie (Post 348965)
I couldnt agree more, ACC is one of the best add on packages I have used in a long long time.

Amen. Period.