Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N (RHR) Still Not Avaliable Yet? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-rhr-still-not-avaliable-yet-18451.html)

roscoe 02-05-2011 01:14 PM

730N (RHR) Still Not Avaliable Yet?

I have seen a number of window stickers like the one linked showing a $305 credit on inbound Overland Summits where the 430N replaced the 730N. Also, I visited a dealer a week ago and he tried to build my overland in the order system with the RHR and it came back with "on restriction." He told me that means that if I order it there is no telling when it will be available. What gives? I thought the RHR was available as of mid-January and all Summit's came with it??

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...RR6GT0BC627762

RMac 02-05-2011 02:59 PM

Re: 730N (RHR) Still Not Avaliable Yet?

RHR is available for order, but that doesn't mean that Overlands or Overland Summits built now will have it. Remember, "available for order" is not the same as "building with that feature right now." There is a lag between order availability date and build date.

RHR isn't what's on restriction... it appears that all models are on restriction right now except for Laredo 4x2 and Overland 4x2. They will re-open during the next allocation period.

To answer your original question though... All Overland Summits ORDERED after mid January will have RHR.

JTS97Z28 02-05-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscoe (Post 348824)
I have seen a number of window stickers like the one linked showing a $305 credit on inbound Overland Summits where the 430N replaced the 730N. Also, I visited a dealer a week ago and he tried to build my overland in the order system with the RHR and it came back with "on restriction." He told me that means that if I order it there is no telling when it will be available. What gives? I thought the RHR was available as of mid-January and all Summit's came with it??

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...RR6GT0BC627762

Production for the RHR hasnt even started yet so there is no way it can be installed in any new Grand Cherokee's. Milous stated production starts march 1st and the order banks were open for it on the 12th of jan.

James

SUMMITgirl 02-05-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMac (Post 348870)
RHR is available for order, but that doesn't mean that Overlands or Overland Summits built now will have it. Remember, "available for order" is not the same as "building with that feature right now." There is a lag between order availability date and build date.

RHR isn't what's on restriction... it appears that all models are on restriction right now except for Laredo 4x2 and Overland 4x2. They will re-open during the next allocation period.

To answer your original question though... All Overland Summits ORDERED after mid January will have RHR.

^ Thanks RMac! Its so nice to have knowledgeable people on here to answer everyone's questions :thumbsup:

fireron 02-05-2011 04:08 PM

Just left my dealer and he told me that a component of the four wheel drive system is what is holding things up (transfer case eh?). I believe we have heard that before somewhere, haven't we?

Milous 02-06-2011 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 348882)
Milous stated production starts march 1st and the order banks were open for it on the 12th of jan.

RHR volume production for the WK2 is set for March 1st, but it's very possible that a few will make it into production before then. I do know that Jeep is automatically converting a quantity of unsold orders of the Overland and Overland Summit from the RHB to the new RHR.

dnizzle2010 02-06-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 349194)
RHR volume production for the WK2 is set for March 1st, but it's very possible that a few will make it into production before then. I do know that Jeep is automatically converting a quantity of unsold orders of the Overland and Overland Summit from the RHB to the new RHR.

@ Milous : my 'original' Jeep is still sitting at the plant, for some time now. Can I get Jeep to convert this vehicle? Possible?

JTS97Z28 02-06-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnizzle2010 (Post 349354)
@ Milous : my 'original' Jeep is still sitting at the plant, for some time now. Can I get Jeep to convert this vehicle? Possible?

If its built I would say the chances of that happening are 0%.

TAZ28 02-09-2011 10:33 AM

I ordered my Overland on 1-25-11, The dealer asked me if I wanted to upgrade the NAV for additional $430 (or something like that amount).. Of course I said "yes"..
I'm in "D" Status right now. I'm wondering if the NAV on my WK2 build will be 730n RHR or the older 730n. Yes the wait is a killer, but if I'm getting the 730n RHR by waiting a little longer then it will be worth it.

Dan JGC 02-09-2011 10:46 AM

My Summit build sheets before and after VON showed the $305 credit for the 430N. Yesterday my updated sheet no longer has that credit and my dealer had said I would get the new 730N RHR even though I ordered on 1/7. Moreover, there are no restrictions listed either and am still in D status.

So I am thinking I'll get the new 730N RHR......will see.

netcoolery 02-09-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 351546)
My Summit build sheets before and after VON showed the $305 credit for the 430N. Yesterday my updated sheet no longer has that credit and my dealer had said I would get the new 730N RHR even though I ordered on 1/7. Moreover, there are no restrictions listed either and am still in D status.

So I am thinking I'll get the new 730N RHR......will see.

Glad to see you survived yesterdays "4x2" impulse, Dan. That would be great if you bagged the RHR.

JTS97Z28 02-09-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ28 (Post 351538)
I ordered my Overland on 1-25-11, The dealer asked me if I wanted to upgrade the NAV for additional $430 (or something like that amount).. Of course I said "yes"..
I'm in "D" Status right now. I'm wondering if the NAV on my WK2 build will be 730n RHR or the older 730n. Yes the wait is a killer, but if I'm getting the 730n RHR by waiting a little longer then it will be worth it.

If you paid the $465 for the newer radio on a recent order it will be the newer RHR. The older 730 rRER as far as I know is done with.

James