Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Got a PT job detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/got-a-pt-job-detailing-1850.html)

NHWK05 08-03-2009 09:28 PM

Got a PT job detailing

So i started a job today part time to bring in some cash while i look for a full time job.

Its a small town dealership with a handful of decent cars. He does detailing and consignment.

I dont know how to buff or anything about restoring paint jobs, i am only good a really good washing, clay baring and waxon waxoff. LOL

I do however specialize in interiors. Today i got my first job doing an interior on a disgusting 06 libby limited. Unfortunately i did not get any pics.

I have worked for 3 different shops in the past doing interiors so i figured why not give it another go.

One of my local friends in gonna teach me how to do exteriors.

I have everything i could ever want at my finger tips, he told me just make a list of products/supplies and he will get them from ugh, Malco. our supplier.

So this is what i do until i can get a Good full time job.

Its only a few days a week but its better then sitting in front of the computer screen any more. :D

Marlin 08-03-2009 09:32 PM

Re: Got a PT job detailing

Good on you mate! :)

B.P.O.D 08-04-2009 10:38 AM

awesome bro!!! congrats!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

take pics!!!

White WK Swagga 08-04-2009 11:31 AM

Congrats and good luck bro!!! Detailing is my therapy...

NHWK05 08-04-2009 12:39 PM

Thanks everyone. Today i did a nasty 96 camry with dog hair, and all the fun stuff.

White WK Swagga 08-04-2009 01:11 PM

The worse is when I see cars with people who smoke and there's a film on the inside of the windows. I'm OCD with my windows being clean. The car can be a lil dirty but I got to have clean windows... LOL

B.P.O.D 08-04-2009 01:27 PM

pics????

NHWK05 08-04-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 42422)
The worse is when I see cars with people who smoke and there's a film on the inside of the windows. I'm OCD with my windows being clean. The car can be a lil dirty but I got to have clean windows... LOL

Me too, i cant stand it when there is a smudge or finger print on my wind shield. My fiancée makes fun of me because i am so OCD about that and my whole jeep in general

White WK Swagga 08-04-2009 02:22 PM

You share my pain. I also change windshield wipers often. LOL

NHWK05 08-04-2009 02:26 PM

I might take pics of the next one i work on, it all depends, we only have like 12 cars for sale, and no appointments yet for customer detail jobs. I will pick a good one to take pics of. We have 3 06 altimas that i will have to do, a old pos dodge 2500 (not even worth my time) an old pos light duty F 250 (f150 body style) a 06 chevy malibu, a kia spectra, nissan sentra, 01 gmc sierra reg cab flare side, and a few others, already did the 96 camry today and the 06 libby limited yesterday.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 42461)
You share my pain. I also change windshield wipers often. LOL

Me, too but i have the rain-ex latitude wipers that are like $18 each, i love them but my drivers side one is broken some how, it was raining really hard a few weeks ago and the wipers (on auto) went super fast and the little cap flew off the end so its coming apart now and i dont have $40 to blow on new wipers.

Detailing Technology 08-04-2009 05:11 PM

Take some pics. Its a good way to learn. Other people may see something you didnt.

NHWK05 08-04-2009 06:13 PM

I will try to tomorrow, I have no idea what i will detail day to day so we will see.

The other thing i managed to do today on the camry was take some compound and a rag and brighten up the head lights a bit, it could be better but i just did it by hand and it made a big difference.

95% of what i do is interiors until i am taught how to buff and do more then a wash, clay wax.