Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How much did you pay for your Summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-much-did-you-pay-for-your-summit-18506.html)

kaflyboy 02-06-2011 07:24 PM

How much did you pay for your Summit

I'm trying to figure out if i got a good deal on the Summit I ordered.

Hemi, 4X4, Adaptive Cruise, 730N nav, no DVD but large sunroof instead. i think most of those features are standard on the Summit but wanted to list them.

I got mine out the door for $47,000. I live in NC so that was tag, tax, destination charge, etc, etc.

What is everyone else paying or seeing on the streets?

joebinotto 02-06-2011 07:30 PM

Re: How much did you pay for your Summit

I got mine for $500 below dealer invoice. 4x4 V6 Rugged brown with block heater and chrome edition.

scittb 02-06-2011 07:40 PM

200 over invoice 4X4 hemi

pooch1005 02-06-2011 08:54 PM

Summit 5.7L, 4X4, 730N for $45000. That's not including TT&L.

SUMMITgirl 02-07-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooch1005 (Post 349586)
Summit 5.7L, 4X4, 730N for $45000. That's not including TT&L.

^ That seems like a good deal. :thumbsup:

So living in Alaska you don't have to pay tax on anything including new vehicles. Right now the dealership is selling me the Jeep for $48,???. Thanks to a family friend though, I will be getting the employee discount (up to 5% off the $48,???)

So I don't know what that adds up too, but I will probably be paying around $46,??? (I'm probably off on the number.) All in all though I am happy.

Oh also I got every option on this Jeep except the Mopar Chrome Edition Group and the Off Road Option.

:confused: Not trying to jack the thread but does anyone know if there are any rebates or discounts on the Summit Jeep yet? :confused:

mrfixxit7 02-07-2011 01:02 PM

I got mine through a military buying program. They beat the tread lightly offer buy $300. The price doesn't include sales tax.

lweisenb 02-07-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (:JgCoSgIrL:) (Post 350060)
:confused: Not trying to jack the thread but does anyone know if there are any rebates or discounts on the Summit Jeep yet? :confused:

No Discounts/rebates, probably wont be until all dealer backorders and customer orders are filled and the plant starts filling up the overflow lots. I would expect to see discounts on Laredo's first.

JTS97Z28 02-07-2011 01:16 PM

Even though I like the Summit I still think it's nothing more than a way for Jeep to roll in some extra cash for an Overland. Your price seems good for a Summit, but you paid exactly $3,000 more for your summit than I paid for my identically equipped Overland. The rest is just personal preference as to whether you like the cosmetic changes to the summit compared to the regular Overland. For me, those changes on the summit are not worth a few thousand dollars. This is in no way bashing the summit as I think they are sweet, but as far as I know there is not a single feature/option that sets the summit above the standard Overland. So the extra money goes to exactly what? Both have the same 20" wheels in a different finish, both have plastic front grills one with extra chrome, both have wood trimmed interiors one being wood colored the other black, both have leather interiors.

James

netcoolery 02-07-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 350083)
Even though I like the Summit I still think it's nothing more than a way for Jeep to roll in some extra cash for an Overland. Your price seems good for a Summit, but you paid exactly $3,000 more for your summit than I paid for my identically equipped Overland. The rest is just personal preference as to whether you like the cosmetic changes to the summit compared to the regular Overland. For me, those changes on the summit are not worth a few thousand dollars. This is in no way bashing the summit as I think they are sweet, but as far as I know there is not a single feature/option that sets the summit above the standard Overland. So the extra money goes to exactly what? Both have the same 20" wheels in a different finish, both have plastic front grills one with extra chrome, both have wood trimmed interiors one being wood colored the other black, both have leather interiors.

James

Not really disagreeing, but ....you were fortunate to be able to squeeze in your order for a non-Summit with Saddle and the RHR in a tiny window of time.

For those of us who missed the window, it came down to: Either wait til the Saddle/Black came off of restriction, or swallow hard and take the Summit uplift. For my extra $$ I got:

1) The Summit interior has more leather - some like that, some don't. Fortunately I do

2) I really like the Summit darker wood

3) I like the chrome fog light bezels, not so sure about the "tinsel teeth"

4) Rugged Brown was my #1 color choice

To be honest, if the Saddle was not on restriction, I probably would have taken my #2 color choice, as long as I could upgrade to the RHR. In other words, items 1-4 above are nice but I "overpaid' for them in my mind.

Once I get my new baby, I doubt I'll look back though. Been drooling over some of the sweet pics on the forum and tales of happy owners.

Kleemann 02-07-2011 02:42 PM

Although Summit owners are paying a premium for things that might not seem worth it to others, once I configured an Overland and realized I could get the Summit for a few thousand more, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me. I much preferred the full integration of saddle in the interior and the darker wood. The dealer also told me that there is leather in few places where vinyl is used on the Overland. I also thought the painted Overland rims looked a little too dull, but they might have gone overboard with the newer Summit wheel. The original Summit wheel was perfect. I would have been happier if I could have configured an Overland exactly the same, but Jeep definitely got me to fork over more money primarily for aesthetic preferences.

Although most of these things are minor, there are a few costs to consider:

-Chrome fog bezels
-Berber floor mats
-Cost difference of polished v . painted wheels, if any
-Material/labor cost of additional saddle leather and stitching.
-I don't know about members' actual buying prices, but the 730N and saddle are both now additional charge items for the Overland
-We know how expensive braces can be

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 350083)

James

Dan JGC 02-07-2011 02:55 PM

Used the TL for 1% under invoice price + $75 admin fee and $25 TL membership.

GCOverland 02-07-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netcoolery (Post 350142)
1) The Summit interior has more leather - some like that, some don't. Fortunately I do.

It has? Where would that be?:confused: