Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Help! Electrical issue. Urgent (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/help-electrical-issue-urgent-18531.html)

CPT2010 02-07-2011 12:26 PM

Help! Electrical issue. Urgent

On my dash the battery/voltage light flashes and prevents my jeep from shifting into 4th or 5th gear. Also cruise control won't turn on. Please help me out.

So far what I've done... disconnected my halos amp. Radar detector and phone charger.
I took it too autozone and they said my alternator is good and also my battery, which is an everstart maxx battery.

This morning I took off the terminals and cleaned them with sand paper and same with the connectors.

Started her up, no low voltage light flashed. But after 5 minutes of driving it came on and prevented proper shifting. Also I didn't have anything running. No stereo lights anything plugged in. Please help me out. Thank you

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-07-2011 01:34 PM

Re: Help! Electrical issue. Urgent

interesting did you try flashing it completely? Disconnect for a while and let it sit then re-connect also if your shift is being played with that means the PCM is receiving wrong signal and causing TCM not to over shift beyong 3rd gear.

I always say this and it works 50/50 try cleaning out your contacts, under your hood check out the main harness behind the fuse boxes, clean them hoes out with di-electric cleaner and also the pcm connections alongside with the connections, see if that helps. If not then we can see what else is possible bro

CPT2010 02-07-2011 01:47 PM

i just did that... when i was at work. umm anything else you can think of? it all started when i got my amp installed.. i wonder if my battery is bad. even tho they said it was good?

robpp 02-07-2011 01:56 PM

sounds like battery, maybe AMP is causing a discharge somewhere when jeep is off.

ask them o test each cell and do a load test.

CPT2010 02-07-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 350143)
sounds like battery, maybe AMP is causing a discharge somewhere when jeep is off.

ask them o test each cell and do a load test.

Thank you, they supposedly did that.. but i have a warranty on that battery.. i wanna get it changed.. we did have some really bad temperature changes down here (from 70 degrees to the 10's)

thanks. anything that you can think of i would love to hear it

White WK Swagga 02-07-2011 02:33 PM

Damn sorry to hear Taylor. I was going to say what Omar said. These are tge issues I'm afraid of that's why I got the 2 year itch to get out of this jeep.

CPT2010 02-07-2011 02:38 PM

yea, its probaly bc i was being a jackass having all that sh*t hooked up. i'm gonna get a new battery and get an extra battery hooked up for my amp

White WK Swagga 02-07-2011 02:42 PM

Maybe a bat with higher CCA rating?

B.P.O.D 02-07-2011 02:42 PM

hopefully the battery will solve your issue!

CPT2010 02-07-2011 06:05 PM

knock on wood...

i bought the nice everstart battery from walmart in december of 09'
3 year warrenty on it and i know even if the battery has a few bad cells in it, it can still read good, but will throw a code.

so i went to walmart and told the guys my problem b4 and told them i just took it to the dealership to have a full diagnostics done and it was the battery so they wouldnt put it on their machine.

if it reads a good battery at walmart they wont change the battery.

so they switched it out, and i havent had a problem with it when i drove it back to the gym... i hope this was the fix.. hopefully i had all my lights on and halo's, led's and stereo bumping and burnt a cell and thats all it is...

thank you for everyone's help... i was really worried about it being serious.
a fix on a jeep for a 19 year old can be quite detrimental to the mod budget or going out party budget ;) lol

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-07-2011 07:37 PM

glad to know you got it fixed, yeah i def recommend installing another a battery for your toys, although the battery on the jeep should be plenty but u never know with these POS's know a days.

CPT2010 02-07-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ BoNiOmArIo (Post 350411)
glad to know you got it fixed, yeah i def recommend installing another a battery for your toys, although the battery on the jeep should be plenty but u never know with these POS's know a days.

i think the reason why we have to have an extra battery unlike i did on my 93 grand cherokee was bc we have all these computers that regulate things...
but i appreciate it.. i'm gonna drive home tonight and that will be about a 15 min drive so we shall see