Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Factory Rep 20" - what tires?? HELP!

6K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  TJXJWJ 
#1 ·
Looks like I'm grabbing factory reps this week!!!!!

I am doing 20x9 all around (I'm riding a CRD baby!!!)...

Anyways... which tires should I get? I don't need anything racey... and I would err on going offroading more. I hit snow about 20 days a year...so don/t need anything strictly winter, like Blizzaks. I honeslty am on paved Los Angeles streets about 95% of the time.

Thoughts on a good all season tire that won't f-up my gas mileage too much and will last a while?

#2 ·
How did you get a CRD in California?

There are so many options out there.. I have Toyo tires but I'm not sure if they make them for 20's

Welcome to JG from San Francisco, by the way.

#3 ·
I actually bought it from some Navy Seal down in San Diego. He said he had to jump through some hoops to get the thing legit here. So far, so good. I have no idea on tires, since I want decent snow performance... but really barely need it. I do off road a bunch, and don;t just want strictly street tires... ya know?

Nice on the BAY! I am born and raised Berkeley/Oak. Worked in SF for years!

#4 ·
Yessir :cool: Bay Area born and raised as well.. still here though!

So do you plan to off road with 20" wheels?

#5 ·
275-45-20 is what most get. theer are tons of tire choices in that size. Check someof the tire sites like tirerack.com and discount tire. Tirerack has an awesome feedback, customer rating system to check out each tire

#6 ·
Nitto 420s are a good choice for what you are looking for. They are an all season radial. Get the 255/45/R20s for all four.

#7 ·
Thanks guys,

So Doug at FR said he could hook me up with Goodyear Eagle II tires on there. 275/45/20

Anyone riding these?

And no...I'm not serious offroading by any means. I just go off the beaten path (dirt roads, etc) when I go surfing sometimes. Nothing like some of the savages around here...

D

#8 ·
Thanks guys,

So Doug at FR said he could hook me up with Goodyear Eagle II tires on there. 275/45/20

Anyone riding these?

And no...I'm not serious offroading by any means. I just go off the beaten path (dirt roads, etc) when I go surfing sometimes. Nothing like some of the savages around here...

D
Don't do the Eagles - my grandfather retired from Goodyear and we get discounts - haven't bought a GY tire in years because of bad traction and low mileage.

I am also rolling Toyos - Proxes STII on 20's. These are considered high performance, but also rated M+S. They did great in a recent snow that we had here in ATL (believe it or not). I also do light off-roading and have never had issues with them. I have been running these for years on my X5 (also 20's) and have averaged 35-40K miles per set.

#13 ·
nah....I have the 420s on my jeep. They are super IMO. I have driven in 6-8" of snow with not one problem. They are also great in the dry and wet

#15 ·
i have 20's on my jeep and the tires i have are Pirelli Scorpion but theyre pretty pricey

#16 · (Edited)
im doing the same and saw a lot of people recommend the goodyear eagle gt ii's (275/45) or the toyo proxes

#30 · (Edited)
For 20x9 wheels, it is best to either use 275/45-20 or 255/50-20. This is because these specific size tires will not throw off the vehicle's computer. You will virtually get about the same mileage as before. If you do something a little funky, like a 265/55-20 for example, besides your mileage...you could loose considerable tread life as well. Just a thought.
The Firestone Destination ST was actually my second choice for an all-season tire. I ended up going with the Hankook Ventus 275/45-20. Both are rated well for all-season use.

#31 ·
How do YOU rate those Hankooks? Those are what I'm planning on getting in 255/45-20 and would appreciate any feedback.

#35 ·
That's the EXACT set up I think I'm getting as soon as the salt and snow is gone! Once you get them on, I'd love any feedback/pics/reviews. I'm wondering too how close to chrome those polished reps are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.