Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Help!! where to buy door trim? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/help-where-to-buy-door-trim-18564.html)

draft6969 02-08-2011 08:12 AM

Help!! where to buy door trim?

hey guys, i need to know if and where i can buy plain black door trim (not sure if thats what its called)? mine has the steel plate look and i would like to buy some plain black ones.
any help would be great

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...t6969/jeep.jpg

Scottina06 02-08-2011 08:28 AM

Re: Help!! where to buy door trim?

I dont know of any plain black door switch bezels. the SRT has a carbon fiber look bezel and then there are the wood bezels. Those bezels are actually easy to remove and paint or cover in another material.

GR33N D3M0N 02-08-2011 08:29 AM

A few of members cover with vinyl, personally, I went the carbon fiber look 3m di-noc

draft6969 02-08-2011 08:56 AM

Well here is the deal. I bought a dash kit that is a grey wood color, which i like alot. But on the doors it doesnt wrap around to the bottom edge. it just covers the flat top part leaving some silver showing on the bottom where it goes down. (if that makes sense) so if it was black it wouldnt show up as much. i can paint it but i dont want to destroy them incase i ever want to go back. now if they are easily replaced then i will just paint them and hope for the best. that is why i was wondering if they can be bought somewhere.

Scottina06 02-08-2011 09:01 AM

you can get those bezels on ebay....for example pretty cheap. FYI-all window bezels from 08-10 are the same. Im pretty sure the 05-07 bezels are the same as well.....but not 100% sure. The window switches are easily removable so you can paint, vinyl etc.

bumpin_jeep 02-09-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draft6969 (Post 350727)
Well here is the deal. I bought a dash kit that is a grey wood color, which i like alot. But on the doors it doesnt wrap around to the bottom edge. it just covers the flat top part leaving some silver showing on the bottom where it goes down. (if that makes sense) so if it was black it wouldnt show up as much. i can paint it but i dont want to destroy them incase i ever want to go back. now if they are easily replaced then i will just paint them and hope for the best. that is why i was wondering if they can be bought somewhere.

Hey Draft - did you buy one of those wood grain kits for like $150 that have like 18 pieces? I'm thinking of getting a set so I was wondering if I would have the same problem. Post some pictures of the kit when you get install and how it looks in person! I really want to see how it turns out. :D

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-09-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpin_jeep (Post 352096)
Hey Draft - did you buy one of those wood grain kits for like $150 that have like 18 pieces? I'm thinking of getting a set so I was wondering if I would have the same problem. Post some pictures of the kit when you get install and how it looks in person! I really want to see how it turns out. :D

it would be cheaper to buy the limited pieced on ebay or from a junkyard

draft6969 02-10-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpin_jeep (Post 352096)

yea thats what i bought. i looked everywhere for someone that put one in and couldnt find any so i just bit the bullet and got one. The kit looks great and i talked to the guy about this problem and he said to take some pics and he will fab up some new ones to fix the problem. i will put it in this weekend and put up some pics so everyone can see. and if you like it i will tell you the guy i got them from, he has many styles to pick from.

Scottina06 02-10-2011 09:29 AM

those stick on kits NEVER cover completely.....youll hate it in 3 months. Sorry...just going from experience

draft6969 02-10-2011 09:44 AM

i have already noticed that the center vents dont cover well , so i will just use the ones that do fit well like the center piece and the shifter area. i already bought it so ill see what happens. worse case i pull it off and im out $150

draft6969 02-12-2011 03:36 PM

I have the dash kit install in the Visual Modifications section