Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Sat in a Summit...love it!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sat-in-a-summit-love-it-18582.html)

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 04:36 PM

Sat in a Summit...love it!!!

3 Attachment(s)
My dealer just got in a Summit exactly like I ordered except it was a 4x2 with the 430N. But....I couldn't resist checking it out....so off I went.

I have to say....the Saddle looks FANTASTIC. You have to see it in person to appreciate it. It confirmed that what I ordered is exactly what I want.....I ALMOST decided to just buy that one but the 4x4 was important enough to have me wait....it was tough though.

I took some quick photos with my iPhone....the vehicle was in a parking garage which is a bit dark and it was very very sunny here in Florida so the contrast in the photos is a bit off. Note: there is no "extra" stitching on the seats that one person here didn't like anyway....just thought I'd mention that.

The attaching photos thing isn't responding so will try it again in a bit.....

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Sat in a Summit...love it!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the close up on the seat stitching.....the color is way off though due to the dark parking garage and the very very bright sun shining along the edges of the parking garage....

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 04:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And a few more (sorry about the bad contrast....).

Any doubt that the Saddle was tooo much in the Summit is no more....it looks EXCELLENT!

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 04:48 PM

I also got an updated printout of my order.....originally it said 430N with $305 credit on the build sheet and on another printout after it was assigned a VIN. But now, that is gone so looks like I am getting the 730N RHR even though I ordered on the 1/7. My dealer had told me I would get the new 730N RHR and not to worry (even though the Jeep hotline still says it is the 430N).

GC2011 02-08-2011 04:55 PM

It looks really good. I am not a fan of the chrome mesh grille on the dark colors. It looks really good on the lighter ones.

jonesark 02-08-2011 04:58 PM

Love the grill...hate the saddle on the dash! To much for me!

netcoolery 02-08-2011 05:01 PM

OMG - It looks awesome!! The Saddle/Black looks terrific with the black exterior. Here's hoping it will look as good with the Rugged Brown.

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesark (Post 351035)
Love the grill...hate the saddle on the dash! To much for me!

You have to see it in person....I had a bit of concern about that since I hadn't seen one but it looks great and much less two tone like....it completes the Saddle in my opinion. Very classy looking.

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 05:04 PM

I think it will look good with black, mineral gray, rugged brown, and even white gold (too bad they didn't include white since that would look sharp too).

Dan JGC 02-08-2011 06:52 PM

Oh, and my printout today does not show any restrictions.... but still says "D - Firm schedule serial number is assigned"

fireron 02-08-2011 06:54 PM

Never too many pics of Summit interior, thanks!

kaflyboy 02-08-2011 06:58 PM

Dan- thanks a ton for the photos. i have been dying to see one outside of the car shows to the fancy pictures on the jeep website. i coulnt tell, did it have the chrome wheels on it? if so, was it too much?

BTW- the dash looks freaking awesome. i dont care what anyone else says... put that next to a cayenne or another high end car and it looks great.