Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Seats diff between limited and Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/seats-diff-between-limited-and-overland-18600.html)

mrmotoguzzi00 02-08-2011 10:10 PM

Seats diff between limited and Overland

Is there a difference ? I have the limited and I find the seats a little hard and flat. the previous model WJ seats where a little more cushy, that a real word ? :) just curious....

Bob WK2 02-08-2011 11:09 PM

Re: Seats diff between limited and Overland

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 (Post 351289)
Is there a difference ? I have the limited and I find the seats a little hard and flat. the previous model WJ seats where a little more cushy, that a real word ? :) just curious....

When I first sat in a WK2 Limited, the first thing I noticed was the "hard" seat. Coming from a WJ with cushy (let's make that a word!) seats I wondered what the comfort level would be. After driving my Limited for 3k miles, I was suprised at how comfortable the seats are. Longest trip so far was 350 miles one way.

mrmotoguzzi00 02-08-2011 11:18 PM

Fair Enough, I'll give it time.... still curious about the Overland though ;)

Scottina06 02-08-2011 11:52 PM

the leather is differentgrade depending on which limited you see....the Overland has nappa leather and the limited is Capri

LiquidOxygen 02-08-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 (Post 351289)

My overland is the same. I find the seats in my 2010 limited alot softer but prefer the ones in my overland. I think in the long run they will be better.

mrpositraction 02-09-2011 12:41 PM

I find the seats hard in the Overland. They are growing on me, I also have 4500 miles on them and they definitely seem to be getting softer.

JeepLaw 02-09-2011 01:18 PM

Obviously, this stuff is just opinion, but for my two cents, I really like the seats in the Overland. I have one long trip in so far, and loved them. However, beyond the seats themselves, I love the driving position in this car. Between seat adjustments, and steering wheel adjustments, controls, and the sight lines and mirrors, I think this car is easy to drive whether in traffic, or suburbia or on the open road.
Just saying that it is not just the seats for me, but the whole driving position package that makes it comfy.

mrmotoguzzi00 02-09-2011 02:47 PM

Sounds like the underlying seat frame and foam is the same, just a different style/texture of leather ?

Guessing the SRT seats are even stiffer ;) from the pics I can see the extra bolstering and such....

Scottina06 02-09-2011 02:56 PM

the SRT seats are different...but I wouldnt call them stiffer. They just have more bolster support(wk models) These seats in the 2011 are very simlar to the WK SRT seats.