Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   seat painting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/seat-painting-18621.html)

sweetjeep99 02-09-2011 10:52 AM

seat painting

Hi Jeep friends. Had a question, I am just getting a feeler or testing the water. I was thinking about painting my seats a two-tone. I have the two-tone khaki so the only part i was going to paint would be the outer part of the seats a dark khaki & leave the inner the medium that it already is. Was going to get the paint from the stealer (mopar spray P/N 05134797AA) So has anyone done this. Just need some info. Do i need to strip the old paint off or do i just paint over the old. Will it make my seats hard. Was going to order seat covers but can't find anyone to match my colors. tryed alot of places. tryed wet okole they can't match my colors, was going to go with SRT seats but they won't match my color, Tryed katzkin but they are vary expentive but they can match my colors, but just for the front seats it was going to be like $2,000. So i thought i might just tryin paint them to match my interior. Can someone chime in & help me? Any info would be much app. Thanks guys & girls

Joe ;) :thumbsup:

TJXJWJ 02-09-2011 11:00 AM

Re: seat painting

Dude! What will you do if you don't like how it turns out!?!?

I know they make fabric paint and dye. I don't think regular automotive spray paint is a good idea AT ALL. It'll chip, crumble, and ruin everything.

iJeep 02-09-2011 11:05 AM

I wouldn't do it.

sweetjeep99 02-09-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 351560)
Dude! What will you do if you don't like how it turns out!?!?

I know they make fabric paint and dye. I don't think regular automotive spray paint is a good idea AT ALL. It'll chip, crumble, and ruin everything.

The paint i was going to use was the moper interior trim. Paint code zj8 (p/n 05134797AA ) So you think it will chip, crumble & ruin things? I like the two-tone seats alot. i've seen afew of them & i like them. Like i said just getting a feeler on this. Thanks Buddy

sweetjeep99 02-09-2011 11:18 AM

So for 2 nays & no yeas. Thats what i was wanting to find out. So maybe i keep it the way it is. Does anyone know if they make any JEEP logos i could put on my seats. that won't hurt them? Thanks for the help & info.

Scottina06 02-09-2011 11:49 AM

you cant use the plastic interior paint. You need a leather seat paint/dye. Ive seen it done several times and it looks good

DAVY27 02-09-2011 11:54 AM

like Scott said, with the proper paint and prep i think it can turn out nice. Im interested to see how it turns out.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-09-2011 02:37 PM

dont do it, black srt seats look fine in a khaki interior. i think acidcold has them

sweetjeep99 02-09-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 351629)
you cant use the plastic interior paint. You need a leather seat paint/dye. Ive seen it done several times and it looks good

Where do i get the leather seat paint/dye at? I just want to do the outter seats dark khaki & leave the inner medium khaki like it is. it won't make my seats hard or crack or anything? I also was wanting to put the JEEP logo on them where can i get them? Do you know anybody that has done it or any pics. that i could see? Thanks Scott. I trust you. your like the JEEP GOD. :lol: I love what you done with your jeep. AWESOME JOB. :thumbsup: